We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Boat trips in loire valley

Which Saumur hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Malvern...
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Boat trips in loire valley

I am traveling with a group of five and would like to arrange a guided boat tour for one day round trip from sumaur france in may. Does anyone know of company to use?

Paris, France
Destination Expert
for Paris, Loire Valley
Level Contributor
21,208 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Boat trips in loire valley

Basically, the Loire River is not navigable. There are segments of the Loire which are used for navigation near Burgundy but nothing near Saumur.

There is a company that operates along the Cher River which may be of interest to you:

circacruises.com/Cruises-River-Canal/Barge-L…

Malvern...
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Boat trips in loire valley

Thank you that is helpful!

London
Level Contributor
4 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Boat trips in loire valley

We visited Saumur in June 2013 and found one boat cruise company situated outside the Town Hall and Theatre. They're called Croisieres Saumur Loire - www.croisieressaumurloire.fr

We had a one hour cruise up and down the Loire which was very pleasant. The crew were very friendly and, during the commentary in French one of the team sat with my parents and pointed out the sites, history and wildlife of Saumur from the water in English. We were also offered Cremant and a biscuit during the tour.

Overall this was a very pleasant way to spend an hour, in very friendly company.

Paris, France
Destination Expert
for Paris, Loire Valley
Level Contributor
21,208 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Boat trips in loire valley

Thanks for this information OneBigWorld. On my previous trips to Saumur, I have not seen this vessel so thanks for the update.

Dorchester, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Boat trips in loire valley

We had a great trip with a guide who spoke good English and translated everything for us as well as answering our many questions about the river and local area

Saumur
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Boat trips in loire valley

Hi

Here are, on a map, all the compagnies sailing in West Loire Valley between Nantes and Saumur :

enpaysdelaloire.com/Idees-d-activites/Les-ac…

From Saumur, here is the internet site of my company operating the "Saumur Loire" boat :

http://www.croisieressaumurloire.fr/

Have great moments on board !

Bernard

Saumur
2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Boat trips in loire valley

Croisières Saumur Loire, with 10.000 happy passengers a year, is not yet referenced as an activity in Saumur, France by the famous Trip Adviisor. Who can help ?

8. Re: Boat trips in loire valley

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 pm, December 14, 2015