We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taking the TGV from CDG airport to Saumur

Rockland, Maine...
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Taking the TGV from CDG airport to Saumur

I will be arriving at CDG at 6 am, and need to take the train to Saumur, where I will be meeting up with a friend. I see that the train departs from Terminal 2, but my question is: can I buy my TGV ticket there when I arrive? Or, do I need to reserve online before I leave the U.S.? I would prefer to wait until I'm there, but I await any recommendations from this forum.

Musee des Blindes
History Museums, Specialty Museums
Wineries & Vineyards
Le Cadre Noir
Specialty Museums, Children's Museums, Arenas & Stadiums
Destination Expert
for Grasse
Level Contributor
8,719 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taking the TGV from CDG airport to Saumur

Any TGV travel requires a reservation, but you might not need to get one far in advance--depending on the day of the week and time of day.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
91,895 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taking the TGV from CDG airport to Saumur

If you buy just before travel, you will pay top price and there is a small possibility that the train will be sold out. Tickets go on sale 3 months before travel, and the cheapest tickets usually sell out quickly. Prices keep going up as the travel date gets closer.

You can get train times and costs, and make bookings, in English at www.tgv-europe.com/en but use Antarctic as the "Ticket collection country" on the first screen to avoid being transferred to RailEurope, which has much higher prices and does not list all the trains. For notes on online booking, see www.nickbooth.id.au/Tips/FrenchTrain.htm

If you book in advance, allow at least 3 hours between your scheduled arrival by plane and the train departure time.

I told you this yesterday: tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187199-i2430-k487…

3. Re: Taking the TGV from CDG airport to Saumur

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 pm, March 09, 2014