We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nantes to Samaur

Chesterfield...
Level Contributor
3,008 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Nantes to Samaur

How easy is it to get from Nante to Saumur by train and what will it cost, flying into nantes on the 18th may

Paris, France
Level Contributor
13,165 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nantes to Samaur

Here is a link to one of the rail sites showing Nantes to Saumur for May 18th. The journey takes about an hour on one of the local trains so no need to reserve a ticket. Just walk into the station and buy it there. It costs 20 euros. There are 3 trains in the morning before 11:30 but the next one isn't until right around 4:00PM.

www.tgv-europe.com/en/train-ticket/results…

Mentioned in this post
Nantes
Nantes
Loire-Atlantique, France
Saumur
Saumur
Maine et Loire, France
Chesterfield...
Level Contributor
3,008 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nantes to Samaur

ok just looked on the rail europe website and it shows trains at 3 pm

Ohio, USA
Level Contributor
19,004 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nantes to Samaur

I agree with French_Mystique, 07:05. 08:37, 11:18 then 15:55. This from www.voyages-sncf.com which, along with www.tgv-europe.com are the two official SNCF sites. www.raileurope.co.uk is a third party booking site as is www.raileurope.com and the latter is notoriously unreliable. I can't speak as to the UK RailEurope site.

The 15:55 train is a TGV currently showing availability of tickets at €17.50 if you book now. The walk-up fare for this train is €25.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
13,165 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nantes to Samaur

Yes, stay away from Rail Europe websites.

Mentioned in this post
Europe
Europe
World
Chesterfield...
Level Contributor
3,008 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Nantes to Samaur

ok will do 17.50 looks good do you have to change at angle st laud

Chesterfield...
Level Contributor
3,008 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Nantes to Samaur

nearly sorted not sure what to enter in the passenger box, my parents are over 60 it says, senior, frequent traveler, dailt etc seems a bit confusing to me, also the lgv website shows trains at 1435

Ohio, USA
Level Contributor
19,004 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Nantes to Samaur

Just ebter the ages of all the passengers and leave all the stuff about senior and/or loyalty cards and the rest blank. I am not seeing a 14:35 train though the 15:00 train with a change in Angers is now showing on the tgv-europe timetable.

I see direct trains at 15:55, 16:30 and 18:18 and a couple of other slow options. The 15:00, 16:00, 17:00 and 17:34 trains require a change in Angers.

Mentioned in this post
Angers
Angers
Maine et Loire, France
8. Re: Nantes to Samaur

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:15 am, March 31, 2014