We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Carp fishing near Saumur

Which Saumur hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Harrogate
2 posts
Save Topic
Carp fishing near Saumur

My family and I (11 of us) are visiting Saumer for 2 weeks from 15 August. Me and the boys are looking to do a bit of fun fishing, i.e. plenty of fish (3 - 5Lb, the odd big one!!! Can anyone recommend any not too busy Carp lakes? Thanks.

Saumur
Level Contributor
237 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Carp fishing near Saumur

Most villages around here have a 'plan d'eau', which can be fished by anyone. day tickets are usually available from the local tabac, or village store. If not, then the Mairie staff should be able to advise you. Ask for a 'Carnet de Peche pour le Plan d'Eau'. You can either fish by the day, or if you find one you really like, by the fortnight (or 15 days here).

There are a few commercial fisheries around and a few private ones too. A friend of mine lets me take people to his 2-acre lake close by if I ask nicely!

One place that comes highly recommended (though not for carp) but for trout is Moulin Hubeau, near Baugé, around 30kms north of Saumur. Have a look at http://moulinhubeau.free.fr/. a great day out, and you cab BBQ your catch by the lakeside!

Harrogate
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Carp fishing near Saumur

Thanks for that. much appreciated.

Martin

Lesleyashhols
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Carp fishing near Saumur

Hello!

We stayed at La Prairie near Saumur, they have their own small Carp lake, which has some very good size fish in it actually. (up to about 8lb we caught!)

They also sent us up to another lake nearby where we had to buy a permit for the day - which was excellent.

Their cottages are very spacious and really well planned with good quality furnishings and some lovely gardens.

Your sons will probably love their boat on the lake also - as well as a full size swimming pool!

4. Re: Carp fishing near Saumur

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, December 12, 2009