We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accommodation for motogp weekend 2012

Australia
12 posts
Save Topic
Accommodation for motogp weekend 2012

Hello.

I'm travelling to see the 2012 motogp round in Le Mans (May 18-20) and it appears I've left it too late to book accommodation. With tickets not on sale yet, I'm quite shocked that everything appears completely booked. But then again, maybe I am silly for assuming I would be able to find something. I have a feeling a lot of the booked places hold for package tours.

Can anyone help me with some options that might have availability for that weekend?

It would need to be a room for 2 people, close to the track and city centre.

Thankyou.

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
1 post
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Accommodation for motogp weekend 2012

kim1711,

Tickets are on sale at several websites:

http://www.france-moto-gp.com/en/2116-france/

moto.gptickets.com/index.asp…

https:/…tickets.htm

gpticketshop.com/en/…eventnewsletter.html

And I found hotels at this website, although most of the hotels in the city center are already booked.

http://www.booking.com/searchresults.html?city=-1407066&ssne=Alen%C3%A7on&ssne_untouched=Alen%C3%A7on&error_url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.booking.com%2Fhotel%2Ffr%2Fchateau-de-sarceaux.en-us.html%3Faid%3D311088%3Blabel%3Dchateau-de-sarceaux-_TowrHfgYqPpgxLvlverqgS7781410683%3Bsid%3De2bfe95dd494f8dc31f5cc85955f3883%3Bdcid%3D1%3Bdva%3D0%3B&highlighted_hotels=274635&aid=311088&dcid=1&label=chateau-de-sarceaux-_TowrHfgYqPpgxLvlverqgS7781410683&sid=e2bfe95dd494f8dc31f5cc85955f3883&si=ai%2Cco%2Cci%2Cre%2Cdi&ss=Le+Mans%2C+France&checkin_monthday=18&checkin_year_month=2012-5&checkout_monthday=20&checkout_year_month=2012-5&group_adults=2&group_children=0&dest_type=city&dest_id=-1441792

Good Luck!

Australia
12 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Accommodation for motogp weekend 2012

Thanks for your reply. I ended up booking through a company in England that organises accommodation and race passes.

I've learned my lesson though, and will definitely not leave it to this late next time.

Alencon, France
Level Contributor
476 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Accommodation for motogp weekend 2012

Just for the future, it's worth noting that many hotels and B&Bs within 50-60km of Le Mans double their normal room rates for the Moto GP, the Classic and the 24 Hours, and almost none will take a booking for one night only. That is certainly the case for the Mercures, Campaniles etc in the area.

Even so, booking a package through a ticket site usually means paying even more than booking independently.

There is usually accommodation available until the end of the previous year if you don't mind travelling about 30-40 minutes to the track.

The autoroutes are free to bikers over the weekend - no tolls - but even so most bikers prefer to ride in by the regular roads as there's more camaraderie among the riders and there are crowds lining the roads coming out of town as far north as Alençon.

Phil

Edited: 6:57 am, January 02, 2012
Cambs
Level Contributor
2 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Accommodation for motogp weekend 2012

there are still rooms at the: Hotel Première Classe LE MANS OUEST - Université. good price too

Milton Keynes...
Level Contributor
2 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Accommodation for motogp weekend 2012

hi same boat as you could you tell me which company you used in the end ??

thankyou

rizla58

Australia
12 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Accommodation for motogp weekend 2012

Sorry rizla58, your response slipped under my radar.

I hope it's not too late, but I managed to source an accommodation and tickets package through OnSite Events who are based in the UK.

Hope that helps.

Hythe, United...
Level Contributor
231 posts
225 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Accommodation for motogp weekend 2012

Hope you got sorted.

We stayed in the F1 Hotel in Alencon and after checking ALL the chains in December 2011 after we got our tickets booked on line it was the only hotel with a room for two less than €100 a night.....

The Premiere Classe were all booked up despite the earlier comment a month or so AFTER we booked to say that there were rooms free.

Edited: 9:09 am, August 02, 2012
Alencon, France
Level Contributor
476 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Accommodation for motogp weekend 2012

Jaysus - I hope the F1 was a lot less than 100€ a night!!! That's a total rip-off!

9. Re: Accommodation for motogp weekend 2012

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, October 07, 2013