We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rouen to Vernon or to Rennes or Caen

Which Rouen hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore
4 posts
Save Topic
Rouen to Vernon or to Rennes or Caen

It looks like to go from Rouen to my other destinations above, I have to return to Paris first by train and then from Paris go to the other places.

Does anyone know of a bus that can go direct from Rouen to Vernon or to Rennes or Caen?

How long does the bus journey take and how much would it cost?

Ohio, USA
Level Contributor
19,004 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rouen to Vernon or to Rennes or Caen

There are definitely direct trains from Rouen to Vernon (about 45 minutes) and from Rouen to Caen (about 90 minutes). You would have to go through Paris to get to Rennes however. It would probably take 4 to 4.5 hours including the time it would take to get from Gare St-Lazare to Gare Montparnasse. I don't know if there is direct bus service - I kind of doubt it - nor how long it would take if there were.

You can find train timetables at www.voyages-sncf.com

Singapore
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Rouen to Vernon or to Rennes or Caen

Thank you for the tip. It was indeed very useful.

middle england
Destination Expert
for Leicestershire, Norfolk
Level Contributor
3,488 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rouen to Vernon or to Rennes or Caen

There are through trains from Caen to Rennes, not frequent, and they take about three hours. Otherwise going via Le Mans is much better than going via Paris.

Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
1 post
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rouen to Vernon or to Rennes or Caen

with the time you'll spend waiting on trains, transfers, etc. -- you'd be much better off to rent a car in Rouen and drive to Caen; very easy and less than 2 hours. also great things to see along the way!

5. Re: Rouen to Vernon or to Rennes or Caen

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:23 am, August 13, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Rouen