We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rouen Questions

Rochester, NY
Level Contributor
83 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Rouen Questions

My husband and I will be in Paris and would love to take a day trip to somewhere picturesque and different. Rouen looks lovely. Is it very walkable from the train station?

Is Rouen a good day trip or should we consider somewhere else? We were originally thinking of going on a tour of the Normandy D-Day beaches but I think a relaxing day just discovering new places on our own might be better for us.

Thanks.

California
Destination Expert
for Grasse
Level Contributor
8,509 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Rouen Questions

It's VivE la France; viva is a different Romance language.

Now that there are Internet sites that offer audio pronunciation, that's really the best way to hear what something should sound like.

Bellflower
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
22. Re: Rouen Questions

Roo awn (almost like the first part of the word awning, but wo the n). Naturally, you would say it cater, not drg out the two syllables.

Buckinghamshire
Level Contributor
102 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Rouen Questions

Roo on

Bayeux, France
Destination Expert
for Bayeux, Basse-Normandie, Mont-Saint-Michel, Caen
Level Contributor
3,377 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Rouen Questions

Yes but the 'on' with a quasi silent nasal 'N'

25. Re: Rouen Questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 pm, October 03, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Rouen