We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Le Havre to Paris one way

Cabo San Lucas...
Level Contributor
9 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Le Havre to Paris one way

Hi We are disembarking the Royal Princess on May 9 and going to Paris. Has anyone done this or does anyone like to join us? We are looking for the best way to travel with two large pieces of luggage. We are staying 4 nights in Paris and then flying back to the US. Has anyone traveled by train, and is this as easy as it sounds or not? Thanks for the input

Essex
Level Contributor
31,532 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Le Havre to Paris one way

Train, classic and very direct.

It is also an historic train route.....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ParisLe_Havre_railway

Level Contributor
19 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Le Havre to Paris one way

We are doing the same thing on May 10 from the Ruby Princess and have found that there are no trains as the train tracks are being repaired that weekendI just don't know how long I can wait... Our trip starts in just over two weeks and from April 26 we will be aboard ship ... Many have made the suggestion that we alter our plans, but this will shorten our time in Paris. Any way that I approach the issue presents problems. If I continue on the cruise to London, I lose a day in Paris and have the Eurostar expense. If I hire a driver ( I am finding that this is not easy as many have already booked for that day)' I have that expense...If I extend the trip an additional day, the "change fee " by the Airlines is expensive along with an additional night on the hotel in a Paris.

Essex
Level Contributor
31,532 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Le Havre to Paris one way

So now, on this N'th time that you have commented/complained/asked a question about the exact same thing, Alanr, on many threads now, do,you think you will get any different answers to those you have had before?

Just because you did not like the previous answers, do you think you will get any different ones, by asking YET again, at this stage in the game?

Have you actually followed up on the many helpful suggestions you have been given already? On this and OTHER travel fora?

I doubt it.

Cabo San Lucas...
Level Contributor
9 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Le Havre to Paris one way

Hi what we have decided to do is Rent-A-Car at Le Havre and drive to Versailles, spend the day there, then drive into Paris and drop the car off at the train station. Too bad you weren't trying to do the same thing on May 9 As we could share the car into Paris.

Cabo San Lucas...
Level Contributor
9 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Le Havre to Paris one way

Hi what we have decided to do is Rent-A-Car at Le Havre and drive to Versailles, spend the day there, then drive into Paris and drop the car off at the train station. Too bad you weren't trying to do the same thing on May 9 As we could share the car into Paris. By the way, there are only two trains into Paris on May 9 and May 10, as there is a holiday on the long weekend and as stated before the tracks are being repaired. Normally there are a lot of trains running during the week.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
13,656 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Le Havre to Paris one way

There are indeed trains from Paris to Le Havre on May 9th and 10th and this has been explained to Alanr1234 many times. The train schedules show the words "non ouvert" under the details for each journey. This means tickets haven't yet gone on sale (because of the works on the tracks not being finalized) but there will be trains running on both of these days. No one knows yet when those tickets will go on sale. I have seen several dates that just a few weeks ago were showing up as "non ouvert" have now opened up for ticket selling so those tickets for the 9th and 10th will eventually go on sale.

You can always buy walk-up tickets for 34.50€ when you get off the ship. If you've already rented your car to go to Versailles that's fine but you might also want to know that on both the 9th and 10th there are direct trains from Le Havre to Versailles at 7:50AM but perhaps that is too early depending on when your cruise ship arrives.

Cabo San Lucas...
Level Contributor
9 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Le Havre to Paris one way

As our ship docks at 7 am, so that probably not work. As we will be staying in Paris, after Versailles we think it would be easier for us to rent a car, rather than drag our luggage from here to there. Enjoy the cruise and everywhere you travel. Blessings

Paris, France
Level Contributor
13,656 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Le Havre to Paris one way

Hopefully you haven't already paid for your rental car since tickets are now on sale for the train journey from Le Havre to Paris on May 9th. If you buy a ticket now you can get a 15€ fare on a 9:58 train (or later).

9. Re: Le Havre to Paris one way

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, April 10, 2015