We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

omg....what a rip off....we are from uk ...

manchester...
Level Contributor
1,601 posts
125 reviews
Save Topic
omg....what a rip off....we are from uk ...

hi we have spent the last 10 days in pretty s.w of normandy / gavray.

and have driven miles and miles.........

but decided to stay in honfleur for our last night before we drive to calais for our return home to the uk...

we have eaten in some very pretty places and had had gorgeous food throughout our holiday but am disgusted at the prices here at honfleur.....what a rip off...!!!!

we sat at a bar just out side the etap/mercur hotel...and paid 5.60e for a lge beer and 2.60 for a glass of white wine (125mls )

in other parts of normandy it was only 3.00e for a large beer and u can buy a bottle of bordeux for 1.42e..........what a rip off at honfleur i am so annoyed ..we have come back to our room by 9pm...so i can do the review....

yes the place is buzzin..and oh so pretty.....but gosh u do pay for it....im so disgusted honestly x

this place is good for the a day trip..but i will never return.

we have drove the whole length of the west and northern coast of normandy..and ate in some very pretty places but this place is full of tat...( tourist expensive stuff/crap )......and if u wanna pay over 100 e for a print then go ahead......

viv'e la euro ....pack it in ur pocket !!!!!.....if u can afford it

manchester...
Level Contributor
1,601 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
41. Re: omg....what a rip off....we are from uk ...

because at La Rapière we were paying for quality ...and we certainly got it .....but doesnt mean to say we dont like getting ripped of for overcharged cheap plonk in bars.....

everyone to there own......i hate those 3 for a tenner dont u ????

42. Re: omg....what a rip off....we are from uk ...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, February 04, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Honfleur