We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Terrible restaurant- Le Frichtie E Vue Bassin, Honfleur

Byron Bay, Australia
Level Contributor
368 posts
150 reviews
Save Topic
Terrible restaurant- Le Frichtie E Vue Bassin, Honfleur

We have just eaten at one of the worse restaurants in regards to service. Restaurant Le Frichtie E Vue Bassin at 78, Quai Sainte Catherine - 14600 Honfleur (located on the Bassin/ harbour)

The food was just edible and not worth the money we paid - but it was the service and attitude that has us 'spitting chips' - very poor, extremely bad. There were four wait staff on the floor - all of whom served us at various times (no one appeared to have set tables) and every one of them forgot our various orders - drinks or food (there were only two of us and the drink order was very simple - 1 white wine and 1 beer). It took ages for us to be given menus, then for the staff to come back to take the food order, then they forgot what we had ordered!!!!!! We had to order our drinks three times before we received them, then when one of us asked later for another beer, it was forgotten completely then charged to us when we went to pay our bill. From the time we sat down to the time we left it was nearly three hours and we left as soon as we finished (quickly) our mains; and the restaurant was not very full either - there were many empty tables (perhaps this was a sign we had failed to pick up!) We were there for nearly 1 1/2 hrs before the entrees arrived - a salad and a cold soup - nothing complicated. When our mains arrived, the meat was undercooked, had no sauce and the vegetables boiled to mush. I would not recommend this restaurant to anyone and wish we had just up and left when they forgot our drinks the first time - there are many eateries around this establishment we could have gone to.....but I am one for giving everyone a fair go and chance and thus we stayed. We know better next time....there won't be one!

Essex
Level Contributor
27,780 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Terrible restaurant- Le Frichtie E Vue Bassin, Honfleur

It's a shame you had a bad time in the lovely Viel Harbour, especially as there is so much competition for Restaurent's there. Never mind, a good lesson learnt, if you don't get 'snappy' service, just go next door eh??

Bayeux, France
Destination Expert
for Bayeux, Basse-Normandie, Mont-Saint-Michel, Caen
Level Contributor
3,370 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Terrible restaurant- Le Frichtie E Vue Bassin, Honfleur

The trouble with Honfleur is that there are so many one time tourists that they don't have to try. Most people won't be going back again. One should look at the french reviews for Honfleur restaurants. (you don't have to read french , just see the star ratings.)

I was at a restaurant with some clients recently and the waiter didn't hide his impatience that we weren't ready to order when he was. I thought afterwards I should have put my guide badge on to see if his attitude changed when he realised I could bring people back another time.

While we were walking round the daughter of the family was not feeling at all well so she sat down at a table on the promenade. A waiter came up to take an order and I explained she was resting as she was not well. He was Ok with that but a few minutes later the Patrone came up and got shirty about someone daring to use a chair with out buying anything. Most of the table were empty so we weren't keeping paying clients away.

The daughter vomited shortly after wards so she was really not well.

That's two restaurants I'll never go to again.

Edited: 12:59 pm, May 30, 2010
Byron Bay, Australia
Level Contributor
368 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Terrible restaurant- Le Frichtie E Vue Bassin, Honfleur

" Never mind, a good lesson learnt, if you don't get 'snappy' service, just go next door eh??" - and I certainly will!

Mind you, the very next morning I was back at the Bassin/harbour for breakfast and went to another restaurant and I'm happy to say, we had the most delicious breaky with great service from very nice wait staff.

I'm also happy to say that a visit to Honfluer is also on my recomend list - a very pretty town with lots of interesting things to see. Just stay away from the Resturant, Le Frichte E Vue Bassin!!!!!!

4. Re: Terrible restaurant- Le Frichtie E Vue Bassin, Honfleur

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:40 am, November 28, 2010