We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paris, France to Lisieux, France to Visit St. Therese

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
5 posts
7 reviews
Paris, France to Lisieux, France to Visit St. Therese

Good morning! I will be traveling to Paris France for the first time come Dec. 2nd and fly back to Austin on the 9th. We plan to take a day trip to Lisieux, France solely to visit St. Therese of Lisieux. I am hoping that this would be possible. I need help in relation to taking the train - what station are we to stop that is nearest or possible walking distance to St. Therese.

Thank you.

Essex
Level Contributor
31,760 posts
69 reviews
1. Re: Paris, France to Lisieux, France to Visit St. Therese

Hello

Welcome to TA.

Have you read any of the threads on the Lisieux forum already, the info you seek is there, and the past threads are a great resource...

Train goes from Gare St Lazare in Paris, to Lisieux, to get you started, but several of the threads on the first page of the Lisieux forum will give the details.

Good Luck, EW

Bayeux, France
Destination Expert
for Bayeux, Basse-Normandie, Mont-Saint-Michel, Caen
Level Contributor
3,550 posts
26 reviews
2. Re: Paris, France to Lisieux, France to Visit St. Therese

As EW has said the train goes to Lisieux. It's not far to walk to the carmilite convent. From there you have a stiff walk of about a mile up the hill to the basilica. If you want to visit les buissonets you then have about a 2 mile walk to there. On the way back you can visit the cathedral where she often went.

3. Re: Paris, France to Lisieux, France to Visit St. Therese

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:16 pm, March 21, 2015