We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel to Rennes from Lisieux

Bayside, New York
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Travel to Rennes from Lisieux

What is the best way to travel from Lisieux to Rennes? Is public transportation possible?

Paris, France
Level Contributor
11,635 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel to Rennes from Lisieux

The best way to get between Lisieux and Rennes is to have a rental car. If using public transport you'll have to use the train and it will involve two to three transfers and will take anywhere from 3 hours 45 minutes to over 5 hours. You can use the website www.voyages-sncf.com for train schedules and prices. The website is in French but fairly easy to figure out if you take a few minutes. You can also use www.tgv-europe.com (in English) but make sure it doesn't redirect you to the RailEurope website. You'll note that for this journey that some of the trains will bring you back to Paris first. If taking a TGV train you'll need to book 3 months in advance for the cheapest prices. For tips on using the tgv-europe site and booking tickets look at this link:

www.nickbooth.id.au/Tips/FrenchTrain.htm

An excellent website to learn all about train travel in Europe is www.seat61.com.

Bellflower...
Level Contributor
5,055 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel to Rennes from Lisieux

I don't know whether public transportation is the "best" way, but it's possible.

Look at the following link to get ideas of times and costs:

http://www.tgv-europe.com/en/

Note: Enter Antartic (really) as the Ticket Collection Country and un-click the Direct trains box.

There are no direct trains between the two cities. I believe that you don't have to buy tickets for TER trains ahead of time, but you do have to buy tickets and make reservations for the TGV.

I hope that this helps.

MrsJAS

P.S. French_Mystique's reply posted while I was typing mine. He's the expert.

Edited: 4:30 pm, February 08, 2013
3. Re: Travel to Rennes from Lisieux

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:16 am, September 08, 2014