We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

drive time giverny to CDG

Which Giverny hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Eau Claire...
Level Contributor
9 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
drive time giverny to CDG

We will be in Normandy in August for a few days, and I would like to see Giverny on our way back to Paris. We fly out of CDG on a Sunday in August, and I was thinking of sleeping in Giverny or Vernon the night before. Can anyone estimate the drive time from Giverny to CDG on a summer Sunday morning? We'll need to return our rental car at CDG, so we'd want to be there at least by 11:00 am for our 2 pm flight. Should we stay closer to CDG? Thanks!

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
1,401 posts
324 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: drive time giverny to CDG

A quick check of www.viamichelin.com shows 1 hr 16 mins and about 15 euros toll. Most of the trip is on excellent highway. My experience has been that Michelin is optimistic about drive times and I would plan for 2 hours to be on the safe side. On the other hand, France, especially Paris, is not a nation of early risers so traffic should be light at that hour. There are probably plenty of places to spend the night nearer to the airport if not on the airport grounds itself if you have any concerns about making the plane.

Eau Claire...
Level Contributor
9 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: drive time giverny to CDG

Thanks! I was thinking along those same lines. And I must say to you, peripatetic, many, many thanks for all of the help you give to TA subscribers. I don't know what I would do without you and the other regulars who are so patient answering the same questions again and again, and holding our hands as we plan our trips!

3. Re: drive time giverny to CDG

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:18 am, August 13, 2009