We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sept. visit - is pre-booking needed?

Reut
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Topic
Sept. visit - is pre-booking needed?

My family (5 people) plan to visit Giverny and Monet's home and gardens around Sept. 20th.

Do we need to pre-book tickets or is that a quiet time and no advance booking is needed?

Thank you!

pwllheli
Level Contributor
1 post
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sept. visit - is pre-booking needed?

hi we go to france every may and sept and we have never had to pre book anywhere you will enjoy giverney and monets garden we went in may as we where stopping in paris for 2 weeks it was really a nice day out nice village with shops and a couple of cafes galleries etc hope this helps tony

Edited: 6:59 am, August 11, 2013
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
88,047 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sept. visit - is pre-booking needed?

Try to get there early before the bus tours arrive, or else mid-afternoon after they have left.

1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Sept. visit - is pre-booking needed?

Hi just back from there, ask where you stay do they sell tickets it's wayyyy better usually cheaper and you skip the lines, when we were there the line stretched all the way back to the restaurants !

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
25,427 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sept. visit - is pre-booking needed?

You can pre-book on-line for €0.50 and skip the line. Entry costs are €7.50 (plus the booking fee if you book). If you are not on spot at 9.30am then I would pre book. September is a popular month.

St Louet sur Vire...
Destination Expert
for Bayeux
Level Contributor
2,455 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sept. visit - is pre-booking needed?

Lyn that's the group price. For individuals it's 9.50 euros.

It's worth pre-booking, especially if you don't anticipate getting there first thing. The groups go in via a different entrance but there will still be a lot of people there in September and you skip the queue with your pre-booked ticket which is only 50 cents extra.

Reut
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Sept. visit - is pre-booking needed?

Sorry for taking the time to thanking everybody! The problem is that this visit will be towards the end of our 2-week trip, and I will not be sure until the day that everybody still has the strength (physically and mentally) to make the visit with our 3 kids. I guess I will wait as long as I can and then decide.

Thank you all again for your help and answers!

San Diego
Level Contributor
2,404 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sept. visit - is pre-booking needed?

If you aren't able to pre-book, you can buy your tickets a day ahead at a FNAC store in Paris, you will just need to make the time to do so.

If you do not pre-purchase the tickets, try your best to take the first train and get there when it opens.

You can buy the train tickets ahead of time too, at a train (not metro) station, which can save time that morning as sometimes the line for train tickets can be long.

We went on Easter Monday and did not buy the Giverny tickets ahead of time; the line was minimal when we got there and we were able to see the Japanese Garden area without many people for a short time. Within an hour, though, the whole place was mobbed, so it really is to your benefit to take that first train.

8. Re: Sept. visit - is pre-booking needed?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, August 23, 2014