We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paris to Giverny

Boston...
Level Contributor
8 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Paris to Giverny

What is the most economical yet still pleasant way to make a day trip to Giverny from Paris other than driving? My granddaughter and I will be in Paris in August.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
86,997 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Paris to Giverny

The only way by public transport is to take a train from Gare St-Lazare in Paris to Vernon, and then a bus or walk to Giverny.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
237 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Paris to Giverny

Train to Vernon and then the bus to Giverny. From where the bus drops you, it's about a 10 minute walk to Monet's house.

Generally, the bus is there waiting for the train passengers when they arrive in Vernon.

Boston...
Level Contributor
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Paris to Giverny

Thank you!

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
13,740 posts
310 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Paris to Giverny

Anyone know when to catch the return bus for a particular train--say if we want to catch the 16:53 train back to Paris, when should we be at the bus stop? Thanks!

Boston...
Level Contributor
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Paris to Giverny

About how long is the train trip? And the bus trip?

Edited: 4:52 pm, June 03, 2013
Washington DC...
Level Contributor
13,740 posts
310 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Paris to Giverny

The train is a bit bless than an hour. I hope someone can tell us about the bus or if taxis are easy to get if ee ate short on time.

Lords Valley...
Level Contributor
1,601 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Paris to Giverny

The return bus schedule is posted in the parking lot where the bus from Vernon will drop you. Be sure to check the schedule before you start your sightseeing.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
13,740 posts
310 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Paris to Giverny

Thanks!

Bridgewater
Level Contributor
1,042 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Paris to Giverny

Here is a link which gives more train bus information. Best to know the train info ahead of time as there are several train stations in Paris and some of them are large.

http://giverny.org/transpor/

You will love Giverny. Besides the Monet home and gardens the village itself is very quaint with lots of flowers. Also some very nice little restaurants, so be sure to plan to have lunch there if possible.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
25,082 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Paris to Giverny

and step lively when you get off the train to get on that bus -- there are often more people than bus availability -- same on the return, get to the stop 15 minutes at least before scheduled departure so you can be sure to be on that bus.

it is a very easy trip -- but get tickets on line ahead or at FNAC so you don't have to wait an hour or more in line when you arrive buying tickets. you can see our trip at: …wordpress.com/2010/… you will also see a snapshot of my husband reading and drinking coffee while I waited in very long line to get tickets

Edited: 1:23 pm, August 02, 2013