We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Monet's Garden Ticket

Aurora, Colorado
Level Contributor
443 posts
59 reviews
Save Topic
Monet's Garden Ticket

I've been trying to purchase a ticket at the Monet's Garden site and it just won't accept it because it says my phone number is not in French style or something like that. Anyone have any idea how I can purchase the ticket for admission in advance? I don't speak French so it was a bit of a challenge but I was getting it until it kept refusing to let me go on without a French phone number style. Thanks for any help!

Los Angeles...
5 posts
Save Reply
21. Re: Monet's Garden Ticket

What is the best way to purchase tickets ahead for the Gardens at Giverny without using the internet.

I want to avoid using a credit card for a site which I am not familiar with.

Mentioned in this post
Giverny
Giverny
Eure, France
Troy
Level Contributor
219 posts
197 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Monet's Garden Ticket

I purchased tickets last August prior to our trip on their website and after some technical glitches it worked just fine and I had no problems using my credit card with them. I can think of no other way this would be possible if you want to obtain tickets in advance.

Aurora, Colorado
Level Contributor
443 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Monet's Garden Ticket

I also purchased tickets online last year, twice, with no problems using my card, but I do understand the concern. I believe it is well worth purchasing tickets in advance so you aren't spending time in line.

San Diego
Level Contributor
2,404 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Monet's Garden Ticket

If you do not wish to buy tickets from the Giverny website, your only other option for pre-purchased tickets is to buy them from a FNAC store once in Paris:

"FNAC is a chain of stores selling electrical and electronic items, and tickets to events and tourist sights. See www.fnac.fr"

If you don't want to spend time going to a FNAC store, get to Giverny prior to opening. While there may be a line for tickets, it won't be as long as it will be later in the morning.

Mentioned in this post
Giverny
Giverny
Eure, France
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
Aurora, Colorado
Level Contributor
443 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: Monet's Garden Ticket

Another thought, but I've no idea if it would work, maybe your hotel concierge or reception desk could get it online for you and add it to your bill...

Los Angeles...
5 posts
Save Reply
26. Re: Monet's Garden Ticket

You took the words out of my mouth....I am going to try the concierge

at the hotel to see if they can help!!

Thank You,

Mary D.

Wailuku, Hawaii
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: Monet's Garden Ticket

You're a lifesaver! The Giverny website was a nightmare! I went on the FNAC site and got the tickets without any problem and printed them at home. So it's not even necessary to go to one of the stores in person. Thank you!!

Mentioned in this post
Giverny
Giverny
Eure, France
Wailuku, Hawaii
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
28. Re: Monet's Garden Ticket

You're a lifesaver! The Giverny website was a nightmare! I went on the FNAC site and got the tickets without any problem and printed them at home. So it's not even necessary to go to one of the stores in person. Thank you!!

Mentioned in this post
Giverny
Giverny
Eure, France
new york
Level Contributor
35 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
29. Re: Monet's Garden Ticket

Just did it. phone for usa works if you use +1 then the number.

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
187 posts
590 reviews
Save Reply
30. Re: Monet's Garden Ticket

Is there an English version site for FNAC? The one I see at www.fnac.fr does not have the option to switch to English. I'm looking to buy tickets for Monet's House and Gardens.