We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bikes from Vernon to Giverny

Which Giverny hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Mandurah, Australia
Level Contributor
1,488 posts
57 reviews
Save Topic
Bikes from Vernon to Giverny

Hi

Does anyone know how much it is to hire bikes to ride to Giverny from Vernon and is it a difficult ride (IE Hilly)

thanks

Paris, France
Level Contributor
11,151 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Bikes from Vernon to Giverny

Thanks for the heads up dawnlhl. That's a good reminder and I'll remember your experience when advising others in the future. I've never rented bikes there as I always have my own but I believe there are two cafés across from the train station that rent bikes. If you can remember which one it was that provided you with the less than stellar bikes and service perhaps you could mention it here.

Daytona Beach...
Level Contributor
16 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Bikes from Vernon to Giverny

Hello French Mystique, the place I rented from was on the corner of the street across from the station. I have a picture, but from what I am seeing, there is no name on the building, unless L'arrive de Giverny is it's name. It is a bar/cafe and they sell pizza as well.

I don't want to hurt anyone's business, but I do want to let other ppl be more aware than I was and maybe spare them some problems! Oh, by the way, the seats on the bicycles were horrible! All four of us had sore butts for two days after riding.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
11,151 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Bikes from Vernon to Giverny

I saw the bikes at the café the other day when I passed by. And I was riding behind people using them and saw them parked at Giverny as well. From what I gather the bikes are probably only a few years old but they are pretty cheap in terms of quality. It also seems they are likely left out in the rain judging by the rusty look and sounds of the chain. So they're not great bikes but if you check them before you take them away (for low tire pressure, proper braking and proper shifting) they're adequate enough to get you to Giverny and back. Sorry you had a negative experience, though.

14. Re: Bikes from Vernon to Giverny

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, May 23, 2014