We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

monets garden visit in September

Winchester, United...
3 posts
Save Topic
monets garden visit in September

Hi

I am taking my gardener husband to visit monet's gardens for his 40th birthday.I want to go 'sans'enfant' but am having trouble juggling the childcare and instead of going in early summer I was wondering what the gardens are like in late september/early october. I have seen the expected flowers in bloom from their website but wanted first hand knowledge of this time of year.

Many thanks.

SoCal
Level Contributor
457 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: monets garden visit in September

This is an old post but I have the same question - any comments?

Languedoc-Roussillon...
Destination Expert
for Avignon
Level Contributor
13,050 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: monets garden visit in September

We visited around 20th September a few years ago. It wasn't at all busy, which we appreciated, especially around the well-known bridge, which we photographed with no-one else around. But the main flowers I remember were nasturtiums, which wasn't what I'd expected. It was a very memorable visit.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
6 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: monets garden visit in September

We were just there (September 5th). Gardens totally beautiful and a nice fall tang in the air.

4. Re: monets garden visit in September

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 pm, October 29, 2012