We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parking

Israel
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Topic
Parking

We plan on visiting Deauville for several hours during our Normandy trip in October. Where can we find a public parking? I could only locate a parking next to train station. Is it safe to leave there a car with all our luggage? Are there any other parking lots that are closer to the city centre or the boardwalk?

I also went onto google maps and had a look around the city center area with the help of the satellite photos and the little orange man. Seems like it is possible to find parking around there along the streets, but I did not see any machine to pay for it. How can we pay for the street parking? Are the rules the same all over Normandy?Thanks!

Gouvix, France
Level Contributor
548 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Parking

Marina

Don't fret, there are plenty of parking spaces in Deauville, and everywhere else in Normandy, especially in October. I'm sure that when you are there you will be able to work out for yourself how to pay - it's not rocket science.

Finland
Level Contributor
1,283 posts
218 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Parking

Even though Deauville in October is a very safe place, do make sure you do not leave your valuables at least visible in the car (passports, tickets, cash, cards, phones, cameras, jewels, watches). Pick a central spot for the car, with enough people passing etc. This will decrease your risks considerably.

I can confirm that there is a lot of parking space in Deauville and in October (unless there happens to be an extremely beautiful weather on a Sunday) there will be a lot of free parking space available for you.

As you get there, you will be spot parking facilities very easily. The center is compact and quite easy to drive. I would perhaps not leave the car at the seafront car parks, but in a bit more lively spot.

If you want to plan ahead carefully, there is always google street view available...

3. Re: Parking

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:15 am, July 21, 2013