We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tram/Bus from Gare de Caen to Caen Memorial Museum

No. California
Level Contributor
313 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Tram/Bus from Gare de Caen to Caen Memorial Museum

Please help us to understand more precisely how to reach the Caen Museum.

We will be taking the tram and then bus #2 from the train station to the museum. I am unclear which tram stop we should take to then transfer to bus #2 to reach the museum. I understand to return we catch bus #2 across the street from the museum and then take the tram back to the train station.

Thank you.

When we buy our ticket before catching the tram, does this ticket cover both the tram and bus and do we need to validate on each? Can we purchase on the tram or must we purchase prior?

Bellflower...
Level Contributor
5,093 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tram/Bus from Gare de Caen to Caen Memorial Museum

Bonjour, ReadyinRedding,

I am sure that the Destination Expert, cpmac, will be along to answer your questions. In the meanwhile,...we went to the memorial and stayed several hours. I hope that your schedule allows you sufficient time in the memorial. There is a cafe on-site if you wish to break your tour with a meal, as we did.

MrsJAS

No. California
Level Contributor
313 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tram/Bus from Gare de Caen to Caen Memorial Museum

We plan to arrive by train from Paris before noon, leave our bags at the hotel and head for the museum so should have a good half day. The next day we have a full day Normandy tour scheduled from Bayeux. Thanks for the tip about the cafe as we will need to eat sometime that afternoon, so will plan to do so there.

3. Re: Tram/Bus from Gare de Caen to Caen Memorial Museum

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, July 15, 2015