We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

NO Left Luggage

Sunshine Coast...
Level Contributor
58 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
NO Left Luggage

Hi

Thanks to IrishRovr and NormandieGirl for their time and effort in answering my question about leaving luggage at Caen train station. I'm very thankful they have not yet tired of answering the same question time and again as I've just now seen their answers to the same question on other posts. oops, sorry guys.

So I will now also share what they have told me and others before me.

According to SNCF website only some Paris metro stations have a left luggage facility, NOT Caen NOT Bayeux. This is because of security concerns.

Bit of a bother but what can you do ???

Ohio, USA
Level Contributor
19,004 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: NO Left Luggage

The reason I did not simply repeat this information is that I know from experience that the situation with regard to left luggage facilities changes from time to time — sometimes it seems from hour to hour. Even the information on the SNCF web site is apparently not always accurate. FWIW the SNCF site still indicates that there are NO luggage storage facilities in Caen and I don'tt hink there ever were in Bayeux. The info on the stations appears to have been updated recently so is perhaps currently reliable.

The luggage storage in Paris is not at the métro stations but at *some* of the mainline (SNCF) train stations. Most of these of course have métro stations with the same name beneath the surface facilities. There are left luggage lockers at some mainline stations besides those in Paris, but apparently not in Caen, at least for the present.

2. Re: NO Left Luggage

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:19 am, August 29, 2009