We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Tardif Questions

Which Bayeux hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Rochester Hills...
Level Contributor
1,912 posts
68 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel Tardif Questions

Can anyone help me with these?

Is the breakfast included in your room, or is it 5Euros extra per person? It was hard to tell from the website.

Has anyone stayed in the suite on the 1st floor (2nd floor USA). The one with a double and bath attached to a triple without a bath?

Anyone stayed here with kids? Is this a good place with kids? Do the owners like kids well enough? (mine are 9 & 11, so pretty quiet and mature)(It looks a tad old and stuffy....but don't know if that is just the manor house appearance).

THANK YOU!

Upminster, United...
Level Contributor
11,284 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Tardif Questions

"Breakfast: € 5 per person"

"petit-déjeuner : 5€"

Looks easy to tell that it is 5€ for breakfast. What is confusing about that ?

Rochester Hills...
Level Contributor
1,912 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Tardif Questions

I was under the impression it was a bed and breakfast combo. Just talked to the owner and it's actually 7E now for breakfast, which puts a whole new spin on the price when you're looking at 5 people! Ouch!

Upminster, United...
Level Contributor
11,284 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Tardif Questions

7€ looks more like it. I thought 5 was a bit cheap for a hotel like that.

myke648
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel Tardif Questions

My name is Anthony, owner of Hotel Tardif. I cannot tell you how sad i am to read that my property looks "a tad old and stuffy"....

You know, Tardif is an old and noble private mansion from the 18th century, and it has a realyy relaxing atmosphere! I'm not retired, i'm just 22! i'm really open minded, i like children. kids staying can play with my mother's 5 grand children who come ti visit us often.

Well, i hope my guests who stayed here did not think the same as you about Tardif....

Twickenham
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel Tardif Questions

Hello there

I have just returned from a fabulous cycling trip around Normandy culminating in a fabulous night at Hotel Tardif.....'tad old / stuffy' are we talking about the same place?

This has to be one of the most elegant and friendly townhouses I have ever stayed in. Its stunning (was built for the Kings secretary) with magnificent courtyard and pretty terrace with large secluded garden.

Its slap bang in the centre of Bayeux without any noise and the rooms are so pretty and stylish, more importantly the mother and son owners could not be more helpful, informative and welcoming.

If its a basic hotel with kids clubs etc this is not the place (although they welcome children with open arms as I witnessed) but if you want french elegance and a chilled chic experience at a very acceptable price, this is wonderful.

As for breakfast......personally I love the idea of being able to choose where to have croissants and chocolate chaud and wandering across the street to a super cafe within the shadows of the cathedral added to my wonderful time in Bayeux.

You'll miss out if you don't visit this little place!!

6. Re: Hotel Tardif Questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 pm, August 23, 2009