We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

La tour louise

London, United...
10 posts
Save Topic
La tour louise

Hi everyone,

Just wondering if anyone has stayed at la tour louise? We are thinking about booking it for three nights in july. We want to be close to restaurants and the train station as well as to the meeting place of the overlord dday tours, which we will be taking on two mornings. It has had good reviews but just wondered if anyone on here had any comments.

I have been quoted 100euro per night for a double/twin, which i thought was a little high for a b&b. does anyone know if this is a reasonable price for a b&b in bayuex?

Any comments will be appreciated, thank you!

Gouvix, France
Level Contributor
548 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: La tour louise

Bayeux is a little more expensive than the surrounding countryside, so the price is not outrageous, either way its only going to be 15 or 20 euros difference so you will not bankrupt yourself for a couple of nights. Bayeux is not that big, so everything is pretty close together - just pick the place you like the best. (The train station is however not in the centre, so wherever you stay it will be short taxi ride away if you arrive with luggage)

St Louet sur Vire...
Destination Expert
for Bayeux
Level Contributor
2,455 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: La tour louise

As Hilaire says, Bayeux is a prime location so 100 euros is not excessive. The norm these days outside of Bayeux and away from the coast is 65-90, anything lower and I would seriously consider the standard. I've heard good reports of La Tour Louise, so if you were happy with what you saw online I'd stick with it. It's also high season and of course in a B&B your breakfast is included in the price. If that were a hotel you would be paying at least 10 euros each for breakfast on top of a room rate (which in theory brings your room rate down to 80 euros per night) and there aren't many hotels in Bayeux (worth staying in) at 80 euros per night!

Edited: 9:15 am, March 13, 2014
London, United...
10 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: La tour louise

Great, thank you both! I think we will go ahead and book it!

Bayeux, France
Destination Expert
for Bayeux, Basse-Normandie, Mont-Saint-Michel, Caen
Level Contributor
3,374 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: La tour louise

I haven't stayed there but I pick people up there regularly. they are pleased with their stay.

5. Re: La tour louise

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, March 16, 2015