We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Full day Band of Brothers group tours?

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
96 posts
142 reviews
Save Topic
Full day Band of Brothers group tours?

Does anyone know of a full day group tour for Band of Brothers?

My dh and I are making plans to return to Normandy. On our first trip we took a 2 day group tour with Paul Woodadge which was fabulous. We have now learned he only does private tours which makes it cost prohibitive for us. I checked Overlord and it appears they only do a half day tour BoB combined with Omaha......unless I am missing something. I've searched for other group tours and have not come across anything.

I'd appreciate any direction you could point me in. Thanks!

louisville, ky
Level Contributor
26 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Full day Band of Brothers group tours?

Check with Overlord Tours

Melbourne, Aus
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Full day Band of Brothers group tours?

I was also searching for a one day BoB tour but couldn't find one, so I booked this one:

www.overlordtour.com/overlordtour-tour-3.html

It is a half/half tour but I am hoping it is still great

Edited: 12:15 am, February 04, 2014
3. Re: Full day Band of Brothers group tours?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 9:18 am, February 04, 2014
Edited: 9:18 am, February 04, 2014
Louisville, Kentucky
Level Contributor
5,233 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Full day Band of Brothers group tours?

We took the Overlord "Band of Brothers" tour and it's full day. It was excellent and is the one johnojnr linked.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
1,101 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Full day Band of Brothers group tours?

We took the Canadian Tour with Dale and it was outstanding. He also does a Band of Brothers...

dboothnormandytours.com/pb/…wp_a264a2b1.html

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
96 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Full day Band of Brothers group tours?

Thanks, I had looked at this one, but so much of it would be a repeat for us. I am now seeing Tour #5 as a good option.

BTW........what day(s) is the tour that you chose. I am sure you'll love it!

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
96 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Full day Band of Brothers group tours?

Which tour # is that?

I did not see anything listed as specifically a full day BoB on the Overlord website. Tour #5 may be what I want - is that what you took, or a private tour?

You wouldn't know how often they run these, or if there is a specific day of the week they go, would you? I am trying to plan our itinerary and if it is only one day a week it would be good to know that. I emailed but did not get a response yet.

Thanks!

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
96 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Full day Band of Brothers group tours?

Was this a private tour?

Louisville, Kentucky
Level Contributor
23 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Full day Band of Brothers group tours?

Overlord was GREAT!

10. Re: Full day Band of Brothers group tours?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, April 18, 2015