We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cookery courses

London, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Cookery courses

We're planning a 5-day trip to Normandy at the end of August. Based out of Bayeux, we're keen to do some foodie-stuff.

Plenty of cidre/calvados tours on offer, but we're keen to also find cookery courses (preferably Normandy-themed ones, although language is a bit of a barrier as my french is come ci, come ca, but my girlfriend doesn't understand any french), or workshops on how to make macarons/chocolates/fudge.

Any tips would be much appreciated - even if you don't know, sharing your fave restaurant will do :-)

St Louet sur Vire...
Destination Expert
for Bayeux
Level Contributor
2,455 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cookery courses

There is a cookery school in Bayeux which I looked into going to myself once but I've never followed it up so I can't give you any information other than their website is at www.ptitchefacademy.com Despite indicating that the site is in English and French there is very limited English on this site which would imply that the courses will either be in French or with very limited English.

La Rapiere is a god restaurant in Bayeux, as is le Petit Normand - google either for more details.

London, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cookery courses

Thanks Thiaumerie! I checked with P'tit Chef, but they're closed when we're around. Are there any alternatives you can recommend?

Level Contributor
129 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cookery courses

Hi, I looked at Google and found this site it looks as if it may be a little more intense to what you are looking for but here is the link and it looks like September has some free dates if your visit extends a little, it looks as if its all in English with a tour of the area too.

theinternationalkitchen.com/cooking-vacation…

The one I looked at was up near to Cherbourg/Flammanville area. You never know until you ask the questions.

Edited: 6:44 am, July 31, 2013
Évreux...
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Cookery courses

Here is some foodie fun from the Normandy Tourist Board:

normandie-tourisme.fr/normandy-tourism/main-…

Bon appétit!

5. Re: Cookery courses

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, August 08, 2014