We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

D-Day Beaches and Mont St Michel

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
23 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
D-Day Beaches and Mont St Michel

We are interested in touring the D Day beaches and Mont St MIchel. In making our hotel reservations, will 2 nites be sufficient to see these destinations? I would assume one nite would not suffice, but if it would, please comment on that as well. Thank you.

Essex
Level Contributor
27,616 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: D-Day Beaches and Mont St Michel

What is a "nite"??

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
24,392 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: D-Day Beaches and Mont St Michel

it takes a full day to do each if you are joining tours e.g. if you stay at the Churchill in Bayeaux and take their MSM tour - that is a day and then the next day you could do an all day overlord Tour. You could train back to Paris late on that last day but you do need two nights to fit it all in and 3 would be better. Be sure to include time for the Bayeaux tapestry, perhaps on the first afternoon.

If you do it by car yourself, you could drive to MSM, then spend a night somewhere on the way to the beaches and then tour yourself the next day and return to Paris.

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
23 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: D-Day Beaches and Mont St Michel

I meant would staying in Bayeux for 2 nights provide sufficient time to see both D Day beaches and Mont St Michel.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
24,392 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: D-Day Beaches and Mont St Michel

since you know exactly what 'nite' means, why do you choose to be rude to the OP?

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
23 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: D-Day Beaches and Mont St Michel

Janet, thank you....we will plan on staying 2 nights. That was my initial thought, but I wanted to get other opinions too. Appreciate the quick responses.

Essex
Level Contributor
27,616 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: D-Day Beaches and Mont St Michel

I did not know. Now I do.

2 nights is just about enough, and if that is all the time you can spare, then you already have good advice to help you make this work for you.

Edited: 5:42 pm, June 28, 2013
Cupertino...
Level Contributor
7 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: D-Day Beaches and Mont St Michel

We were in Bayeux in early July, and found we spent three days doing both the D-Day sites and Mont St. Michel; the first day, we did a 7-hour tour (with an English-speaking guide) of Omaha and Utah Beaches, Pont du Hoc, and the US military cemetery (well worth it -- we learned a lot, even though we thought we were already pretty knowledgeable); we went back on our own the next day, which was no issue (with our own car); and then we did Mont St Michel by itself on the third day. The drive from Bayeux to Mont St. Michel was fine, but the crowds! the heat! the walking and walking and walking up the mont! It was a full day, and we had no desire to rush it. Good luck with your trip, and enjoy it!

8. Re: D-Day Beaches and Mont St Michel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 am, July 30, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Bayeux