We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi fare from Bayeux to Colleville-sur-Mer

Which Bayeux hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Springfield, Ohio
1 post
Save Topic
Taxi fare from Bayeux to Colleville-sur-Mer

Myself and another student plan to come to Caen/Bayeux for the day to do a self-guided tour of the American cemetery and the Omaha Beach area museum. We originally planned to take a guided tour, but the full day tours are way too expensive for us because we would need to book at least two days at a hotel in addition to the tour and train fees, and as college students, its a bit beyond our budget, especially because we will be coming in from Paris in the morning. I checked the bus schedules and it seems the earliest bus (on Saturday, when we arrive) leaves Bayeux around noon and comes back around four. But we want more than four hours to look around, so we are considering a taxi to go to the cemetery earlier in the morning, and then taking the bus back in the afternoon. About how much would the taxi fare run? We would be splitting it between two people so unless it's triple digits, we will be alright with it.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
83,132 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi fare from Bayeux to Colleville-sur-Mer

It is about 15 km from Bayeux to Colleville-sur-Mer, and a taxi would want to be paid for a return trip, so maybe around €35.

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
10 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi fare from Bayeux to Colleville-sur-Mer

How difficult is getting a taxi back from the American Cementary/Omaha beach to Bayeux?

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
1 post
205 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi fare from Bayeux to Colleville-sur-Mer

I just stayed on Omaha Beach, near the western side (Vierville), and I needed a cab to get into Bayeux for dinner one night. The charge was 70-80 euro each way. (I didn't shop that price. I just needed the ride.) I imagine that you can call or email the cab companies and negotiate a better price. Plus Colleville is closer to Bayeux, and I am sure that the cabs do those runs a lot.

Bayeux, France
Destination Expert
for Bayeux, Basse-Normandie, Mont-Saint-Michel, Caen
Level Contributor
3,332 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi fare from Bayeux to Colleville-sur-Mer

A minibus tour costs about 90€. That's not a negligeable amount, but against a return air fare across the atlantic and a few weeks hotels meals et al. it's not a lot. If you are only visiting the region once go for it.

5. Re: Taxi fare from Bayeux to Colleville-sur-Mer

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 am, May 02, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Bayeux