We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Available Taxis from Bayeux station on Sundays?

Dubai
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Available Taxis from Bayeux station on Sundays?

Hi everyone,

I will be arriving at Bayeux Station on a Sunday at 6pm & I'm worried about being able to get a taxi at that time and my mother cannot walk very far. Does anyone know if there will be taxis at that time also if I have to walk it, I am going to the Campanile Hotel how far it is from the station.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Best regards

Ally

Kamloops, BC...
Level Contributor
9,743 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Available Taxis from Bayeux station on Sundays?

ally --

If there are no taxis at the station (a situation I can't imagine), ask someone in the ticket booth to call one. Start the conversation by telling them your mother cannot walk far.

If there are not enough taxis, ask one of the drivers to radio for more, because your mother cannot walk far.

I have once in a while found not enough taxis, but I have never found none. The drivers know the train schedule and meet the trains when they arrive.

Steilacoom,WA
Level Contributor
125 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Available Taxis from Bayeux station on Sundays?

Ally,

Have you asked(e-mailed) your hotel about this? They may be able to give you a phone # to call when you arrive. There is a pay phone right outside the station. We arrived on Easter Sunday and there were no taxis at the stand. Someone had to call. There were 3 groups needing taxis, so the taxi driver called for another. We had to wait a bit, but it wasn't bad.

Are you coming from Paris? If you are, when you disembark you will need to go down one set of stairs and then up another on the other side to exit the station.

How long are you staying in Bayeux? There are some wonderful restaurants in town. Do you need recommendations?

Dubai
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Available Taxis from Bayeux station on Sundays?

Patio53,

Many thanks for your reply.

Yes, I did email the hotel but they didn't bother to answer me - I hope this isn't an indication of the service we can expect!!!!

I am in Bayeux for 4 days and would much appreciate any recommendations you may have about restaurants.

Thanks again,

Ally

Dubai
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Available Taxis from Bayeux station on Sundays?

1BCTraveller,

Many thanks for your reply, I'll keep my fingers crossed that we will be lucky on the day.

Ally

Steilacoom,WA
Level Contributor
125 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Available Taxis from Bayeux station on Sundays?

Hi,

I'm not sure if you've left on your trip, but I found the information on the restaurants, etc.. The restaurants are all in the area of the cathedral .

We ate at:

L'Assiette Normand, 3 rue des Chanoines - it is has wonderful food and is right across the street from the cathedral at the top of the hill.

Le Petite Normand, 35 rue Larcher - it is at the lower end of the cathedral, near the post office. They had a wonderful regional dish, moules et frites, which is mussels and french fries.

Le Pomme D'Aure - rue Nesmond. This is cafe with lighter fare, but also very good. Madame did something outstanding with a banana split! It also is near the cathedral at the bottom of the hill.

Have you seen the website, www.bayeux-tourism.com? Hit the English flag and the info will be in English. If you select the map section, type "Bayeux" in the city (ville) space. It will give you a map of the area. Use the little boxes on the left side to zoom in and out. The third one from the bottom shows your street.

Enjoy!

Dubai
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Available Taxis from Bayeux station on Sundays?

Hello again,

Many thanks for your information I will definately visit your suggestions. Yes., I looked at the Bayeux website and it was quite informative. I appreciate all your help and am looking forward to my first visit to the town of Bayeux.

Ally

7. Re: Available Taxis from Bayeux station on Sundays?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 pm, August 15, 2009