We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Does the train station in Bayeux have luggage storage?

houston
Level Contributor
69 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Does the train station in Bayeux have luggage storage?

Does anyone know if the Bayeux train station has luggage storage? We will be there for just a few hours before taking a taxi to our hotel & would like to walk around the town a bit (to see the tapestry/cathedral) without bags in tow. (Our hotel is about 15km outside of Bayeux & we don't have a car)

thanks!

Ohio, USA
Level Contributor
19,004 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Does the train station in Bayeux have luggage storage?

I'm about 99% sure that it does not. Few small stations have any luggage storage facilities, and the SNCF (French rail) web site does not suggest that Bayeux is any exception.

Is there bus service from wherever your hotel is to Bayeux? Perhaps you could take a bus trip back into the town to see the tapestry etc.?

houston
Level Contributor
69 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Does the train station in Bayeux have luggage storage?

Thanks, that is what I was afraid of. No, we are staying at a B&B and were told that we will need to take a taxi to get there, (it is Chateau Lignerolles, near Balleroy). I'd hate to have to do it, but wonder if the museum would tolerate us checking those bags (they are those rolling carry-ons)...

Ohio, USA
Level Contributor
19,004 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Does the train station in Bayeux have luggage storage?

It couldn't hurt to ask. I imagine they must have a few back-packers come by from time to time...

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
50,833 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Does the train station in Bayeux have luggage storage?

It's my understanding that ALL luggage lockers in French stations have been taken out of service "owing to the security situation". Certainly on my recent trip that proved to be the case. Whether or not the larger stations with staffed left luggage offices (and bomb scanners) are in business still I cannot say.

Ohio, USA
Level Contributor
19,004 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Does the train station in Bayeux have luggage storage?

The luggage lockers at all SNCF stations were taken out of service for a time, but they have now been re-activated at many main line stations. They. along with the staffed consignes can however be closed at any time of heightened security. In Paris there are lockers at all the main line terminals except Bercy and St. Lazare, and staffed consignes at all except those two and Lyon.

There are also left luggage facilities of one kind or both at many major stations, Lyon, Marseille, Nice and Bordeaux among them.

houston
Level Contributor
69 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Does the train station in Bayeux have luggage storage?

Thanks for all of the replies; I just heard from someone in Bayeux that the train station does not have luggage storage/lockers anymore (after 9/11). We are just going to have to hope that the museum will be willing to let us in with our rolling carry on.

7. Re: Does the train station in Bayeux have luggage storage?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:36 am, August 14, 2009