We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

transportation help! car rental caen and bayeux

Paris, France
Level Contributor
53 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
transportation help! car rental caen and bayeux

i am taking a train from paris to caen. but i am staying in bayeux. was going to rent a car and drive to bayeux then after my travel to honfleur return back to caen drop car and go home. however NO car places are open on sundays in caen only bayeux. does it make sense to just take a taxi to bayeux rent the car there and also return it in bayeux on my way back from honfleur OR pay an extra 100 euro to return it in caen.??i am so confused!

Please help! thanks a million!

St Louet sur Vire...
Destination Expert
for Bayeux
Level Contributor
2,455 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: transportation help! car rental caen and bayeux

Just stay on the train to Bayeux!

Paris, France
Level Contributor
53 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: transportation help! car rental caen and bayeux

its a separate ticket. do i just purchase those tickets online and do not have to change trains etc? thanks!

Bayeux, France
Destination Expert
for Bayeux, Basse-Normandie, Mont-Saint-Michel, Caen
Level Contributor
3,374 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: transportation help! car rental caen and bayeux

you can get one ticket from Paris to Caen. Some trains go to Bayeux sometimes you have to change.

Edited: 7:09 am, October 26, 2012
Paris, France
Level Contributor
53 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: transportation help! car rental caen and bayeux

one more question! i know you are the go to man regarding this area! : ) i will have to go back to caen (from bayeux) to pick up my car then i will drive to honfleur. does it make sense that i alone go to pick up the car then drive back to bayeux to pick up my family? is it on the way? or a different direction therefore having the whole group of us go to caen to get the car? thanks!!!!

Essex
Level Contributor
28,171 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: transportation help! car rental caen and bayeux

What happened to this plan?

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g187147-i14-k582…

Essex
Level Contributor
28,171 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: transportation help! car rental caen and bayeux

Have you looked at a map to see where Bayeux, Caen and Honfleur actually are in relation to each other??

Great on-line mapping for France here:

http://www.viamichelin.com/

7. Re: transportation help! car rental caen and bayeux

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 2:34 pm, October 30, 2012
Edited: 2:34 pm, October 30, 2012
Bellflower...
Level Contributor
5,167 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: transportation help! car rental caen and bayeux

"Have you looked at a map to see where Bayeux, Caen and Honfleur actually are in relation to each other??"

If you enter "Normandy France map" in Google, you will see that Caen is located between Bayeux and Honfleur.

The viamichelin site will help you establish a route.

MrsJAS

9. Re: transportation help! car rental caen and bayeux

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, November 01, 2013