We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Self-catering family holiday in Bayeux?

Which Bayeux hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Maidstone, United...
Level Contributor
109 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Self-catering family holiday in Bayeux?

We recently had a wonderful first French holiday based in a rented house in Montreuil-Sur-Mer, with days out to the seaside, and would like to do the same in Normandy next year.

Bayeux seems to be our kind of town and we would like to be walkable to the centre, with days out to theme parks (like festyland), the coast, and Paris. Parking looks tight on streetview; would we struggle to get safely parked in the evening after days out?

Are there any other options we have overlooked? Our budget is about 500 euros for a week, and will be driving down from Calais. Many thanks for any suggestions.

England, United...
Level Contributor
3,573 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Self-catering family holiday in Bayeux?

maidstone kent wants somewhere inland, for her personal reasons, and liked Montreuil-sur-Mer, which is also a tiny town which can easily be visited in half a day.

I too think that somewhere on the coast might be better for exploring the landing beaches, but the OP said she doesn't want that, or that it is difficult to find accommodation that suits.

I am not recommending Domfront, or anywhere else for that matter. I am merely trying to give more choices and more information so that the OP can make her own decisions.

Maidstone, United...
Level Contributor
109 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Self-catering family holiday in Bayeux?

Thank you all for any answers.

It helps open my mind to various possibilities.

13. Re: Self-catering family holiday in Bayeux?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, September 21, 2013