We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train Paris to Bayeux

Seattle
Level Contributor
94 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Train Paris to Bayeux

I'm going to do a bang-bang trip from Paris to Bayeux and return in about 27 hours (I don't like to travel that way...it's a compromise with my daughter!!!). The train sites, like RailEurope, TGV and SNCF, state that tickets are available 90 days out, and that's now for my trip. I want the direct trip that's 2 hours each way, but I'm not finding it for the days I'm travelling, August 7 & 8. I could buy the 4 and 13 hour trips, but they are out of the question. Somewhere, long ago, I saw a site that listed what days this 2 hour trip is scheduled. Does anyone know of the site that shows this? Thanks folks. Bill

Mentioned in this post
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
Bayeux
Bayeux
Calvados, France
TGV
TGV
1,292 Reviews
Paris, France
London, UK
Level Contributor
7,040 posts
208 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Train Paris to Bayeux

It appears that there are engineering works of some kind on the direct line during August. So it looks like the roundabout routes or nothing at that time. unless your daughter can reach a compromise with SNCF.

Pune, Maharashtra...
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Train Paris to Bayeux

I plan to go to Bayeux from Paris on 14 June morning.. Is train travel convenient? From where do we catch the train and what would be the travel time? Are the trains frequent on this route?

Can I get this information online? If so what website should I get in touch with?

Mentioned in this post
Bayeux
Bayeux
Calvados, France
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
92,884 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Train Paris to Bayeux

You can get train times and costs, and make bookings, in English at www.tgv.europe.com/en and for notes on online booking, see www.nickbooth.id.au/Tips/FrenchTrain.htm

4. Re: Train Paris to Bayeux

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:41 pm, June 22, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Bayeux