We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aerial sightseeing tours of Loire Valley.

Level Contributor
58 posts
Save Topic
Aerial sightseeing tours of Loire Valley.

Bonjour!

I have posted this question on the Loire Valley forum also.

On July 21 we will be leaving Normandy. I hope to find a company which provides aerial sightseeing tours over the Loire Valley Chateauxs. We are a group of 4. Does anyone know of a company which can fly us out of the Normandy/Paris area to view the Loire Valley chateauxs via plane or helicopter. I prefer to not go on a hot air balloon.

I will have a rental car if I need to travel but only have a short period of time to do an aerial tour. We are scheduled to fly out of CDG airport at 18:00.

Merci.

Bayeux Shuttle Multimedia Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Private Tours
OverlordTour
Sightseeing Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Private Tours
Normandy44 Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Private Tours, Day Trips
Normandy Sightseeing Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Day Trips
Level Contributor
58 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Aerial sightseeing tours of Loire Valley.

Bumping to top. I still have not found an aerial flight tour for the Loire Valley. Does anyone have any suggestions? No hot air balloons please.

Merci.

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Tokyo
Level Contributor
23,866 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Aerial sightseeing tours of Loire Valley.

Helicopter/plane excursions departing from Tours. (took 3 clicks from google search, btw)

http://www.ligeris.com/usa/excursions.html

To fly out of Paris or Normandy, oh... add several thousand euro for the helicopter charter, or several hundred for the plane.

Ohio, USA
Level Contributor
19,004 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Aerial sightseeing tours of Loire Valley.

This outfit does helicoter flights over Paris and Versailles. I'm sure if you paid them enough they'd probably fly you to the Loire - if not the moon. But it might cost you more than all the rest of your vacation combined...

http://www.heliparis.com/

Ohio, USA
Level Contributor
19,004 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Aerial sightseeing tours of Loire Valley.

bibimbob -

I like your one better. They have something called the "Original Tour" that offers "tasting in the staves." Sounds pretty original to me. They also offer an "Easing call with cup of champagne." I guess that must be the Erica Jong special...

Level Contributor
58 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Aerial sightseeing tours of Loire Valley.

Irish and bibimbob,

Seems the helicopter ride is out for being too expensive. There are a total of 4 of us.

Fri. July 21 we leave Mont St. Michel in the AM. I was hoping to do a Loire chateaux aerial tour and then drive toward Versailles. Hopefully we will have time on Friday night to tour the Versailles gardens and then tour Versailles on Saturday. We fly home Saturday night.

I did see the air lingus site, but was hoping for an aerial tour which has a starting base at or near either Mont St. Michel or Versailles. (my starting and ending points) for that Friday.

I'm afraid to commit to the air lingus aerial tour out of Tours feeling I do not have enough hours in the day to drive from Mont St. Michel to Tours (3.5 hours), do the aerial tour (1 hour), drive from Tours to Versailles (2.5 hours), and have the time and energy to walk the gardens of Versailles that same evening. Perhaps I'm wrong?

Plan B is to drive from Mont st. michel to LeMans, visit a car museum (I'm a mom of 3 boys), continue on to Versailles, and visit the gardens that night as stated above. Saturday tour Versailles, then fly home that night.

Needless to say, I much prefer an aerial tour over the Loire Chateauxs vs. the LeMans car museum. I might even be able to convince my boys that this is a terrific plan!!!

Do you know of any aerial tours out of the Mont st. Michel or Versailles areas?

Merci.

Ohio, USA
Level Contributor
19,004 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Aerial sightseeing tours of Loire Valley.

>>> Perhaps I'm wrong? <<<

Nope. Dead on right, IMO.

How old are your boys? Let them visit the museum while you enjoy a stroll and a cafe sit, maybe?

Oh, and tell your boys I met Lofty England once and Stirling Moss a couple of tiimes. They won't have a clue who I'm talking about - any more than you probably do...

Can't help with your last question, I'm afraid.

Level Contributor
58 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Aerial sightseeing tours of Loire Valley.

Thanks Irish,

I have given up the idea of seeing the Loire Chateauxs on my first visit to France. Seems I now have a reason to return to France... to see the chateauxs, among many other things. Funny how once you start to research a trip, it's hard to stop and say "that's for another trip". I have a wonderful trip planned for my family which is focused on Paris, Normandy and a vist to Versailles. I am satisfied with the itinerary.

I will soon send a final itinerary for you and others to critique. Again, thank you for always pulling through with your advice.

Merci

Ohio, USA
Level Contributor
19,004 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Aerial sightseeing tours of Loire Valley.

Enfermera -

I like the way you think.

IR-