We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
TripAdvisor
Bayeux
Search

Summer Travel Plan

Shreveport...
1 post
Summer Travel Plan
Save

My son and I speak French. He is studying French in Avignon. I will meet him in Avignon and then we will travel together by train to Bordeaux and then on to Tours. From Tours we want to see the chateaux and then go to Paris via Bayeux.

Our tentative plan.

Train from Avignon to Bordeaux

Rent car in Tours and drive to chateaux and then drive to Bayeux

Drive from Bayeux to Versailles and drop car in Versailles.

Any suggestions?

Port-en-Bessin-Huppa...
Level Contributor
2,472 posts
32 reviews
17 helpful votes
1. Re: Summer Travel Plan
Save

HOw long do you intend to stay in Bayeux?

Bayeux, France
Destination Expert
for Bayeux, Basse-Normandie, Mont-Saint-Michel, Caen
Level Contributor
3,727 posts
26 reviews
16 helpful votes
2. Re: Summer Travel Plan
Save

As Thiaumerie has asked, the length of time in Bayeux would have some influence on the best plan.

You can get a train from Tours to Bayeux, with a change.

If you are just one day in Bayeux and just want to visit Bayeux, the train might be the best plan. If you want to visit the area around Bayeux over a few days a car becomes necessary.

3. Re: Summer Travel Plan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, January 01, 2011
Get answers to your questions about Bayeux