We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
TripAdvisor
Bayeux
Search

coffee addiction

Boston...
Level Contributor
223 posts
24 reviews
73 helpful votes
coffee addiction
Save

I will be in Bayeux Oct. 5-7th. My husband is not a big "breakfast" eater. I need to find a "coffee shop" close to Chateau de La Bellefontaine. Does anyone know of anywhere I can get a cup of coffee and a croissant on the way to Bayeux center leaving the Chateau? It looks like a 20 minute walk into town! That's okay for dinner but I don't want to keep people waiting while I hunt for a cup of coffee!

If anyone knows of one closer that would be great!

La Rapiere
$$$$, French, European, Seafood
L'Angle Saint Laurent
$$$$, French, European
Coeur de Sushi
$$ - $$$, Japanese, Sushi, Asian
London, UK
Level Contributor
7,040 posts
208 reviews
82 helpful votes
1. Re: coffee addiction
Save

You will have no difficulty finding a cafe where you can get a coffee and croissant in any town in France - whether it is what you may think of as a "coffee shop" is a different matter.

Bayeux, France
Destination Expert
for Bayeux, Basse-Normandie, Mont-Saint-Michel, Caen
Level Contributor
3,727 posts
26 reviews
16 helpful votes
2. Re: coffee addiction
Save

You're probably right about the time into town. 15 - 20 mins depends on how fast you walk.

There isn't a café near the chateau. It's at the end of a lane off the By-pass. The nearest café is probably at the station - hotel de la gare. You get to the by-pass, go left, and the station is at the lights about 200 yds along. But surely the chateau can provide you with a coffee?

Boston...
Level Contributor
223 posts
24 reviews
73 helpful votes
3. Re: coffee addiction
Save

Thanks. I'll check it out on the Michelan Map I have.

I don't know if the Chateau offers coffee unless you get the breakfast option.

Thanks for the help.

4. Re: coffee addiction

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, March 13, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Bayeux