We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Museum aat US Cemetery

St Louet sur Vire...
Destination Expert
for Bayeux
Level Contributor
2,453 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
New Museum aat US Cemetery

The new museum just outside the US cemetery is just about open. We went there yesterday. It officially opens on Thursday, they are still doing finishing touches, putting up photos and information panels. We got talking to one of the team working on it and apparently it is all the exhibits from the old Falaise museum which closed a couple of years ago It is very well done, has lots of military vehicles and more personal artefacts. We thoroughly enjoyed it. 6.90 euros for adult entry.

Essex
Level Contributor
27,157 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New Museum aat US Cemetery

That is good news, will try to visit in the next twelvemonth!

Louisville, Kentucky
Level Contributor
5,226 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New Museum aat US Cemetery

Ohhh, Thiaumerie....you're making this hard. We'll be in Paris on a short trip and my husband suggested another trip to Normandy. With the time we have, I thought it was going to be too much, but your lovely post has me thinking...but I'm saved. We'll only have a weekend or a Friday to do this and this summer, that's rail construction time. I'm not sure if that's a good or bad thing...

Thanks for your post! We've loved visiting Omaha Beach and the American Cemetery, but felt that the museum was okay...glad to read about the new exhibits.

Essex
Level Contributor
27,157 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New Museum aat US Cemetery

Hire a car troggs... Go on, you KNOW you want to.....

Louisville, Kentucky
Level Contributor
5,226 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: New Museum aat US Cemetery

My husband hates driving in Europe...the stick shift and what can I say, we're "cafe and bistro" tourists! We'll hit a museum, but we we tend to restaurant hop and that usually means a beer or glass or wine. I know, we need help...

Essex
Level Contributor
27,157 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: New Museum aat US Cemetery

I will help you with the wine, if you like!!

:-D

St Louet sur Vire...
Destination Expert
for Bayeux
Level Contributor
2,453 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: New Museum aat US Cemetery

Lol. It's actually a brand newly constructed museum on the roundabout to the cemetery Troggs, not a revamped or updated one...... Now you HAVE to go there!

Edited: 11:18 am, June 19, 2013
Louisville, Kentucky
Level Contributor
5,226 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: New Museum aat US Cemetery

Is there an adjacent bistro?

Bayeux, France
Destination Expert
for Bayeux, Basse-Normandie, Mont-Saint-Michel, Caen
Level Contributor
3,340 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: New Museum aat US Cemetery

There,s the hostrerie a restaurant just opposite.

I'd heard that the exhibits came from Falaise. Haven't visited yet. The falaise museum was interesting but in a place rarely visited in terms of battle of Normandy. This new museum is certainly well placed at the roundabout where 1.5 million visitors pass by.

9. Re: New Museum aat US Cemetery

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, June 21, 2014