We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Great hotel for a week in Normandy

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
14 posts
233 reviews
Save Topic
Great hotel for a week in Normandy

My husband and I want to spend a week in Normandy at the end of April. We want a luxurious, relaxing place with great accommodations that is well located for visiting the major sites (WWII, Mont St. Michel, etc. We expect showers and internet, and king size bed. Recommendations?

Thanks!

Bayeux, France
Destination Expert
for Bayeux, Basse-Normandie, Mont-Saint-Michel, Caen
Level Contributor
3,364 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Great hotel for a week in Normandy

If Chateaux hotels are in your line, there are a few.

Between MSM and the beaches, Canisy chateau. Near Bayeux; Audrieu, Sully, Chenevière

Bergen County, New...
Level Contributor
3,825 posts
187 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Great hotel for a week in Normandy

Your OP suggests that you'll have a self-drive car and that price is not terribly important. I presume you know that MSM and Omaha Beach are not particularly close to each other.

Chateaus tend to have a wide range of accommodation at one property, so you need to make sure you request the category that provides the level of comfort you require. You may find odd corners and roof-slopes in even superior rooms, and likely no insect screens. At the high end of chateaus might be Audrieu and Cheneviere. Sully, where we stayed in summer, 2012 is slightly lower, but still comfortable. We had internet only in the first-floor lounge there, and noticed some daytime road noise. I doubt that the lack of air conditioning will matter in April.

We had hoped to stay at Maisons de Bricourt in Brittany but it was booked up, as was Cheneviere. I suggest you book early.

3. Re: Great hotel for a week in Normandy

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, February 16, 2014