We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for a romantic countryside cottage for 2 in Normandy

Melbourne
Level Contributor
1 post
7 reviews
Save Topic
Looking for a romantic countryside cottage for 2 in Normandy

My fiance and I are looking to spend 2-3 nights in Normandy staying in a romantic cottage in early June 2009 and we were hoping someone could recommend an place?

We'd like to stay in the countryside of Normandy, not the seaside. We'd like to see farmlands, orchards, wineries and explore quaint little villages. A cute rustic and private cottage is what we are after. We'd be hiring a car from Paris to get there.

Bedfordshire
Level Contributor
92 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for a romantic countryside cottage for 2 in Normandy

Try a search on www.cottages4you.com who do short-stay bookings as well as regular weeks.

My wife and I have just booked with them for the first time for a week in Brittany at the end of March. Very easy company to deal with.

Alencon, France
Level Contributor
476 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for a romantic countryside cottage for 2 in Normandy

Why not consider a chambres d'hôtes? If you consider those as well then you'll have more chance of finding the kind of environment you're looking for. Gîtes de France and Clévacances are the main listing organisations.

Alencon, France
Level Contributor
476 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for a romantic countryside cottage for 2 in Normandy

PS Especially in early June, when you may find that the minimum rental period for most gîtes ruraux (holiday cottage rentals) is a full week.

4. Re: Looking for a romantic countryside cottage for 2 in Normandy

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:17 am, October 18, 2009