We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Normandy route.

South Bend, Indiana
Level Contributor
55 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Best Normandy route.

I am planning a trip to Normandy on the last week of Sept., flying into and out of Paris and driving, Sun-->Sun. I am planning to go to Rouen for two days after arriving and then to Etretat, then Bayeux for a few days. Departing through Giverny. Does this seem reasonable? Can you get to CDG from Giverny in a reasonable amount of time to fly out same day? Your help is appreciated.

Ohio, USA
Level Contributor
19,004 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Normandy route.

It all depends when your plane leaves. I'd guess that it will take you about 1.5 hours to get to CDG from Giverny, assuming no major traffic problems around Paris, but on a Sunday morning in September you should be OK. And then of course you have to figure out where to drop your car off and deal with any formalities involved with that before figuring out how to get to your check-in area.

As for your trip in general you will probably want the Michelin 1:200 000 scale map #231 of Normandy and #237 of the Ile de France. The 1:100 000 scale map #101 of Paris and its surroundings would also be useful.

Bonne route!