We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

weekend must do/see/restaurant advice please.

gosport, uk
Level Contributor
82 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
weekend must do/see/restaurant advice please.

weekend in lille in october. Any recommends for a special restaurent to visit, a great bar for some jazz and top places for breakfast and lunches. Also any comments on the modern art gallery at the converted swimming pool. How far is it from old town and is it easily accessed by public transport. many thanks in advance.

Bournemouth, United...
Level Contributor
220 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: weekend must do/see/restaurant advice please.

Hi Andy

We've been going to Lille for many years, and I have to say that it offers many things to different people.

I strongly suggest that you get the "Lille (Bradt Mini Guides) by Laurence Phillips" book (discounted in Amazon, as it is probably one of the best in-depth, guy on the street style, guides to Lille we have come across (and it includes different Jazz bars). Even though we have returned many times, there always appears to be something new on the Lille scene.

I'll see if I can dig out some tasters for you.

2. Re: weekend must do/see/restaurant advice please.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:18 pm, August 22, 2009