We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lille Braderie 2013 - Car Parking

Which Lille hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London
Level Contributor
14 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Lille Braderie 2013 - Car Parking

Hi all !

Will be travelling to Lille for the Braderie at the end of August/beginning of September and I am hoping to drive. I have read online that there are "park and rides", but does anyone know if they are safe, secure places to park a car for four nights (I arrive a little early!)? Or if there are any other options? Also, with 2 million people descending, is there going to be a bunfight for spaces?

Thanks for your advice and help !

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,811 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Lille Braderie 2013 - Car Parking

There are car parks at some of the metro stations near the end of the line.

www.transpole.fr/fr/Voiture/parcrelais.aspx

Where are you staying though? This will affect the best place for you to park. If you haven't booked a hotel yet, then you will have difficulty finding somewhere, as they all tend to get booked up.

London
Level Contributor
14 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lille Braderie 2013 - Car Parking

Hi Paul,

Thank you for responding and for the links to the metro station car parks. Do you know if they are safe to park a car and leave it for 4 days? Is there anywhere more secure? We are staying right in the heart of the action - booked through airbnb!

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,811 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Lille Braderie 2013 - Car Parking

Looking at the Transpole site, it would appear that the Parcs Relais at the end of the metro are not open 24 hours per day.

I think that is relaxed for the Saturday night/Sunday morning during the Braderie but possibly not for four whole days. There is likely to be pressure on spaces, and queues of 20 minutes or more at the metro ticket machines have been known to occur.

Where are you starting from?

If in the UK, Eurostar have returns from London to Lille for £89 per person departing 30th August and returning 3rd September.

London
Level Contributor
14 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lille Braderie 2013 - Car Parking

Paul,

What a star you are, thank you for coming back to me, again! And for providing the additional information.

I suppose the only thing I am still worried about is if these car parks are secure (train station parking in the UK, as we know, is not very secure!), particularly as I am borrowing the car from a friend.

Great info on the Eurostar, but with the purchases we are hoping to make, a car is the best option!

Thanks Paul.

karenleah20
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lille Braderie 2013 - Car Parking

I've been to the Lille Braderie for 10 years running and drive over from the UK each time. Because the whole city pretty much becomes pedestrianised for the weekend (streets are closed to traffic) and so long as you arrive/park before the sataurday (ie friday) and don't want to leave before Sunday eve, you will be fine to snag a park somewhere near your Air BNB place. I have parked each time in undergound car parks in the centre of Lille and my car has always been fine. I think they lock them overnight.

Enjoy the Braderie

6. Re: Lille Braderie 2013 - Car Parking

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, August 07, 2014