We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car Hire in Lille

Stoke-on-Trent
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Topic
Car Hire in Lille

We are visiting Lille and intend to hire a car to visit war graves of relatives. The cemeteries are near Wijtschate, Belgium and Aisne, France. We intend to do this over a 2 day period. We arrive in Lille at lunchtime and want to pick up the car the next morning. We are staying at the Best Western Grand Hotel Bellevue in the centre of Lille. Taking this into account I need advice as to what is the best pick up place for the car. I have read other posts that say that the pick up/drop off at the Europe rail station is most confusing, so I was wondering whether it would be better to pick up at Flandres rail station. Advice please on the best place for pick up/drop off. Also any advice re visiting other sites of interest in the vicinity of the war grave cemeteries mentioned.

London, United...
Level Contributor
3,316 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Car Hire in Lille

I think either of the main railway stations would be a good place to pick up a hire car.

The car hire at Lille Europe is signposted, and there is an information desk on the main concourse if you get lost. Lille Flandres is, however, closer to your hotel.

Have you sorted out parking at the hotel? It is right in the centre of the city (and close to numerous bars and restaurants) and on street parking could be difficult.

If you have a car then, you have a wide choice of war related sites to visit. Wijtschate is close to Ieper (Ypres) so you could visit the Hooge Crater Museum, the Sanctuary Wood museum, Tyne Cot Cemetery and the Passchendale Musem, and stay in Ieper for the Last Post Ceremony.

Stoke-on-Trent
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Car Hire in Lille

Thanks for the info Paul. I understand that public parking is available at a rate of approx 17 euro for 24 hours although some car parks are closed on Sundays. Also from posts on this site it appears that on street parking is more available at weekends. Have you any experience of the car parks in this area.

London, United...
Level Contributor
3,316 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Car Hire in Lille

There is an underground car park at the Grand Place in Lille, which is less than 5 minutes walk from your hotel.

vincipark.com/vincipark.nsf/…carte

As you say, the tarriff for 24 hours is €17.

It is open from 7am to 1am Monday - Saturday, and from 7am to 10pm Sundays.

4. Re: Car Hire in Lille

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:18 pm, December 13, 2013