We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day trip from Lille to Bruge.

Carlisle
Level Contributor
64 posts
3 reviews
Day trip from Lille to Bruge.

Can anyone tell me if its possible to visit Bruge for the day from Lille.Any idea of train ticket or bus prices? Many thanks.

London Uk
Level Contributor
37 posts
137 reviews
1. Re: Day trip from Lille to Bruge.

Yes I looked into doing this.Brugge is one of the most beautiful and expensive towns.

Its about a 1 hour train ride and from memory I think you have to change once in Belgium at maybe Tourcoing? Brussels would be better.TRains from Brussels go directly west to Brugge I think and it takes about 30 minutes.

I ran the maths on this and figured it was even possible to get to Brugge and back from Lille in a single day then back to London from lille quite comfortably via Eurostar so good luck!

There are no trains diretct from lille to Brugge.

By the way if your going nortgh to belgium from Liklle it "foreign territory"

Antwerp is called Anvers in Flemish and the train clarks will ignoe you and pretend the place doent exist

this stumped me for 45 mins till I figured it out!

Chesterfield...
Level Contributor
1,842 posts
20 reviews
2. Re: Day trip from Lille to Bruge.

Look on website -

www.bahn.de

Using a random date - 'Sept 1st' - there is a direct train from Lille Flandres to Bruges at 09.06 with a journey time of 1 hour 21 mins.

3. Re: Day trip from Lille to Bruge.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, February 23, 2010