We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What's open in lille on a Sunday?

Which Lille hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
England
Level Contributor
8 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
What's open in lille on a Sunday?

I am off to lille in a couple of weeks but we arrive on the saturday and I am wondering if the tourist attractions are still open on a Sunday - Like La Piscine at Roubaix? Also do all the shops and restaurants close?

Would be grateful for any advice?

Chesterfield...
Level Contributor
1,842 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What's open in lille on a Sunday?

Musee la Piscine de Roubaix is open on a Sunday from 1300 - 1800.

Most shops are shut but almost all eating establishments are open in central Lille.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
3,002 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What's open in lille on a Sunday?

Isn't the Marche de Wazemmes open Sunday?

England
Level Contributor
8 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What's open in lille on a Sunday?

Thank you both for your posts. I am really glad that I will be able to get to the Musee La Piscine - I thought I'd miss it.

Sunderland
Level Contributor
10 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What's open in lille on a Sunday?

Yeah, Wazemmes market is open on a sun morning. It gets packed, and watch your bags. Just get off at Gambetta station and you will see it.

Also, not in Lille, but if you go to Tourcoing and get the number 22 to Menin in Belgium, everything is open there. It's mostly chip shops/chocolate shops and little bars but it is really nice on a warm day :-)

Michelle

5. Re: What's open in lille on a Sunday?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, December 17, 2009