We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One Day in Toulouse

Long Beach...
Level Contributor
108 posts
146 reviews
Save Topic
One Day in Toulouse

We will be driving from an overnight stay in Caracassone to Toulouse and staying the night here as well before going up to Aubeterre for a wedding. We have a hotel in the center of town (I hope!) and know it is a short drive to get to Toulouse from Caracassone. With such a short time to enjoy this city, what are the must see things? I would love to make the most of our short time here. Thank you in advance :)

R K
Berkeley, California
Level Contributor
615 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: One Day in Toulouse

What sorts of things do you enjoy?

Long Beach...
Level Contributor
108 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: One Day in Toulouse

We are pretty open. We will have our 8 yr old daughter with us so lengthy museum tours would not be ideal. We tend to be drawn to the less touristy stuff, but since we will likely not be in this area again for a long time it would be nice to get in as much as we can in our one day there :)

Chesterfield...
Level Contributor
689 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: One Day in Toulouse

lbmastiff, did you ever get any advice for your one day?

Long Beach...
Level Contributor
108 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: One Day in Toulouse

No, we did not. And it was ultimately okay....we didn't end up having very much time there. We stayed in Carcassone until lunch time then headed to Toulouse. We walked around and had dinner before it started raining. We relaxed at our hotel then headed out early the next morning.

Chesterfield...
Level Contributor
689 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: One Day in Toulouse

Thank you.

Toulouse, France
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: One Day in Toulouse

Hello my English Friends,

i agree with this idea, take a walk along the canal, it’s very very nice! u can fish a lot, but u need an agreement from the prefecture. u can also take a bike to see more landscape. for lunch, if u like, French burger, u can go to "burger à la une»! the best is le saucisse http://www.burgeralaune.com/ !, if u want to refresh u can go to "chez tonton (16 place saint pierre) http://www.pastisomaitre.com/ " to drink a local brewage, Ricard !! he serves one meter, if u say " pastis au mètre patron !" if u want to take some rest u can lie down on the grass of the " prairie des filtres" there is Toulouse beach !! and if u like world music u can go to the bikini the best music hall, of Toulouse !!!

have a good time in Toulouse, we can meet up to have a drink if u want! x

Level Contributor
58 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: One Day in Toulouse

Is it worth going out of our way for only one day in Toulouse?

(We have a few days in Bordeaux and then train to Carcassone and then figured train to Toulouse and then overnight train to Paris)

Long Beach...
Level Contributor
108 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: One Day in Toulouse

How long do you have in Caracassone? We only had 24 hrs and that was not enough for us. I wish we had skipped Toulouse and spent the extra day there. But it was raining in Toulouse and sunny in Carcassone so that might have swayed our enjoyment of them. If you have time in Caracassone, I highly recommend doing the tour and dinner at O'Vinyard! It was a top highlight of our two week trip!!!

Level Contributor
58 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: One Day in Toulouse

Thanks for your tips! Thinking maybe worth it to go straight to Carcassone, stay overnight (see it at night and early morning before gates open). Tour around for a few hours and lunch, and then head back to Toulouse for afternoon/evening. Then train to Paris (either a night train if it's still running 2200-0600 or a 5hr journey the next day).

We have several days of vineyards in Bordeaux, but I will look into your recommendation. Was it the wine and dine celebration? We're taking the train so I'm not sure we'd able to get there without a car.

Long Beach...
Level Contributor
108 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: One Day in Toulouse

Yes, you would not be able to walk to the vineyard. But I imagine your hotel could arrange transportation. The place is owned by a husband and wife who really make it an unforgettable tour. They offer lunch and dinner tours. You can read the reviews on Trip Advisor.... As others said it was a true highlight of the region and a huge value with as much wine as you end up drinking! We stayed overnight within the castle walls and it was a treat for us all. Horse drawn carriages and street vendors like you stepped back in time. Toulouse is a very large city in comparison. We got there in the late afternoon to rain. We took naps to sleep off all the fun we had at OVinyards then went to dinner and left early the next morning. One good thing is the train station is very centrally located. Have a blast! It will be great no matter where you end up!

Get answers to your questions about Toulouse