We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

car hire

Which Toulouse hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
jerusalem israel
Level Contributor
31 posts
5 reviews
car hire

Hi

is it a problem too make reservation for an automatic car in toulouse airport.

its important for me to drive an automatic one,

and if so do you sugest any spesific company.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
76,666 posts
12 reviews
1. Re: car hire

Try booking through AutoEurope but no company can guarantee an automatic.

In general, the French do not drive automatics so the rental companies have only a small stock. If another renter is late returning a car, or returns it badly damaged, there may not be a substitute available.

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Food and Travel
Level Contributor
4,217 posts
328 reviews
2. Re: car hire

most major car rental companies like Hertz or Avis do offer automatic cars but they cost a lot more than the manual ones. If you are lucky you may get one when you pick up the car if they do not have the specific model you booked (usually they don't). I was given a semi-automatic car in France recently (not in Toulouse though) which is as good as an automatic!

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
11,252 posts
65 reviews
3. Re: car hire

We have been renting cars for many years and have asked many times for an automatic and were only able to get an automatic once! There's never a guarantee they have one around. Good luck.

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Food and Travel
Level Contributor
4,217 posts
328 reviews
4. Re: car hire

I didn't even ask for one, I only realised that I was given a semi-automatic car when I stepped into the driver seat! Yes there is no guarantee and I must have been pretty lucky that day!

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
11,252 posts
65 reviews
5. Re: car hire

extremely lucky, BillyZ!

6. Re: car hire

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, July 25, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Toulouse