We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Toulouse to Biarritz (not To Bordeaux)

ontario
Level Contributor
175 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Toulouse to Biarritz (not To Bordeaux)

Is there a train from Toulouse to Biarritz that does NOT go to stop at Bordeaux?

THank you

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
48,336 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Toulouse to Biarritz (not To Bordeaux)

Yes. They run via Pau and Lourdes. Some go only as far as Bayonne, where you can sometimes change trains for the 5 minute hop to Biarritz or take a bus into Biarritz. Biarritz station is 2km from the town itself, so if the train terminates at Bayonne then there is no point in waiting around.

If it's the airport you are aiming for, Bayonne station is just about the same distance from it as is Biarritz and the same bus connects all three places.

Check train times at www.voyages-sncf.com or www.capitainetrain.com if your trip is within 90 days use the exact date. If it is more than 90 days, choose a nearer date but the same day of the week to see the times. But you will need to re-check times. There have been problems with storm damage on that line and some trains have recently been cancelled and replaced by buses to allow track repairs.

Reservations are not required when travelling this route but you can save money by getting a ticket in advance. Cheapest tickets go on sale 90 days in advance.

I hope that helps.

Edited: 5:01 pm, February 27, 2014
ontario
Level Contributor
175 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Toulouse to Biarritz (not To Bordeaux)

I plan to stay in Biarritz and do day trip to San Sebastian and Bilbao.

Thanks for the extra information.

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
48,336 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Toulouse to Biarritz (not To Bordeaux)

"do day trip to San Sebastian and Bilbao."

A big ask as it will take at at least 3 hours to get to Bilbao without even stopping off in San Sebastian.

Also, the last train from the Spain / France border at Hendaye back to Biarritz is at 1844 except on Sundays when it is at 1944. The last bus on weekdays and Saturdays is at 2021 from Hendaye station to Biarritz.

You will need to both get up very early and do some smart planning to do both San Sebastian and Bilbao in one day based in Biarritz.

Ask more about this in the Aquitaine forum.

Edited: 12:29 pm, February 28, 2014
ontario
Level Contributor
175 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Toulouse to Biarritz (not To Bordeaux)

what i mean to say was that I wanted to stay in Biarritz. Then on one day go to San Sebastian. On another day go to Bilbao. Not all on same day.

Sounds like you are suggesting staying in San Sebastian?

Thanks for the good information.

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
48,336 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Toulouse to Biarritz (not To Bordeaux)

Not on topic here but I can recommend a couple of days in San Sebastian. Better ask more questions in that forum.

6. Re: Toulouse to Biarritz (not To Bordeaux)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:27 am, March 07, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Toulouse