We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Half a day in Toulouse!

Paris, France
Level Contributor
25,245 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Half a day in Toulouse!

I took the train from Paris to Toulouse last week and spent one night there before picking up my rental car. I have been to Toulouse a number of times over the years, but I always already had a car, which is actually what prevented me from seeing the city properly.

This time, I at least had several hours of the late afternoon to walk around and explore the city a bit bitter. So I obviously took quite a few photos and made this report about it: www.anyportinastorm.proboards.com/index.cgi…

Mentioned in this post
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
Toulouse
Toulouse
Haute-Garonne, France
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
15,752 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Half a day in Toulouse!

Thank's for the great photos. We go to Toulouse annually and spend a lot of time in the arcade around the Capitol (love Cafe Bibent) and never looked up to see the beautiful "frescos" on the ceiling. Something for next time. Spied our local hotel. Inspired us to do further exploration next time.

Mentioned in this post
Le Bibent
Le Bibent
2,243 Reviews
Toulouse, France
San Diego
Level Contributor
2,404 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Half a day in Toulouse!

Thanks for another great report - you covered a lot of ground for only half a day! The churches are beautiful.

What struck me first in looking at them is how many "fast food" places there are: McD's, Subway, pizza, Quick, etc.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
15,752 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Half a day in Toulouse!

McD in France as a "french " twist. Not quite Starbucks country yet.

Mentioned in this post
France
France
Europe
Toulouse, France
Level Contributor
144 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Half a day in Toulouse!

Congratulations for the very nice photos. The frescoes on the ceiling of the Capitol passages recount (on lateral poles of the arcade) the story of the city from the time it was the capital of the Visigoth kingdom. The nicest part is the very last segment that bears on the lateral description of "nowadays Toulouse people" (or something like this) and when you raise your eyes you see that they placed on the ceiling ... a mirror!

As for McDonalds - I know that the meat is French but I honestly did not notice any taste difference from any MD in Canada and US (but again I only go to MD in average once a year!) but yes there is no Starbucks in the South west of France.

http://southweststory.com/toulouse

Carla

Mentioned in this post
Toulouse
Toulouse
Haute-Garonne, France
France
France
Europe
Paris, France
Level Contributor
191 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Half a day in Toulouse!

Thanks - more great photos. I'll be in Toulouse for four weeks this fall, so your pictures and comments were a nice way to familiarize myself with the area. Thank you for taking the time to share.

Mentioned in this post
Toulouse
Toulouse
Haute-Garonne, France
6. Re: Half a day in Toulouse!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, July 22, 2014