We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Toulouse -- do see??

Chesterfield...
Level Contributor
615 posts
111 reviews
Save Topic
Toulouse -- do see??

Not to offend anyone, but we'll be traveling to Toulouse to either train or fly on to Spain. We'll have been in the Loire Valley and in Carcassone. Should we plan to drive up and fly out on the same day or is Toulouse a place where we should stay at least a night?

Look forward to your ideas.

nancyM

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
2,064 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Toulouse -- do see??

Hi there

I loved Toulouse and was sad I only had one night there. Lovely meal at Le Bistrot.

Kind Regards

Merran

Perpignan, France
Destination Expert
for Languedoc-Roussillon, Perpignan
Level Contributor
7,307 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Toulouse -- do see??

It is difficult to say whether you should stay in Toulose or not as we don't know your interests. Here is some info that might help you decide :

http://www.toulouse-visit.com/

London, UK
Level Contributor
7,040 posts
209 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Toulouse -- do see??

Personally, I would stay in Toulouse and visit Carcarcassonne for the day from there.

Perpignan, France
Destination Expert
for Languedoc-Roussillon, Perpignan
Level Contributor
7,307 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Toulouse -- do see??

The OP has already visited Carcassonne.

Chesterfield...
Level Contributor
615 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Toulouse -- do see??

We have wide ranging interests, will have two toddlers in tow, love places where you can feel the history.

aAppreciate all the responses.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
1,837 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Toulouse -- do see??

You need to be aware there's big road works at the moment in the city.

It may be ended by the time you'll visit, if not it might be better to postpone ;)

http://www.toulouse.fr/cadre-vie/circulation

Paris, France
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Toulouse -- do see??

Hi Mench,

If you'd like to feel the history of France and especially the South, you should definitely go to place St Etienne, downtown Toulouse, where there is a boutique specialized in pastel. Pastel (woad in english I believe) is part of Toulouse history and hotels and some buildings were built thanks to it because pastel merchants were rich. It's very interesting and they explain everything in the boutique.

I'm from Paris so I know about France but I really enjoyed it!

Have a good trip!

Julie.

8. Re: Toulouse -- do see??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, February 13, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Toulouse