We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train travel Barcelona to Toulouse

London, United...
Level Contributor
11 posts
Save Topic
Train travel Barcelona to Toulouse

tripadvisor.co.uk/Travel-g187497-c144265/Bar…

Does the service mentioned above still operate? We want to travel on 16th July, and would prefer to go the scenic route, if possible...

Tony Hunt from New Zealand

belgrade
Level Contributor
63 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Train travel Barcelona to Toulouse

cubsur,

thanks a lot.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
11 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Train travel Barcelona to Toulouse

I am planning a trip to Spain and France for next year, and am also looking to travel between Barcelona and Toulouse via Latour de Carol/La Tor de Querol. I can find schedules for the Spanish sector (Barcelona R3), but ter-sncf.com/Regions/…Default.aspx does not seem to list the section from the border to Toulouse. Perhaps I am reading the website incorrectly, but if I enter Latour de Carol in "Ma gare de départ" the only options seem to be the R6 service to Perpignan via Villefranche-Vernet les Bains.

How can I confirm that the service between the border and Toulouse is still operating?

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
11 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Train travel Barcelona to Toulouse

Apologies - I have just found the Toulouse-Latour de Carol-Enveitg schedules on bahn.de - having checked the network map on the TER web site mentioned and finding arrows leading to Toulouse I decided it must be a different operator. These trains are Regional Express services (example, RE 71473) but I d not know the operator.

Now I can find the schedules I can begin to work out an itinerary for that section of our trip.

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
50,833 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Train travel Barcelona to Toulouse

You were in the Languedoc Rousillon region, Midi Pyrenées region funds the trains between Latour de Carol and Toulouse.

Timetable for Toulouse - Latour de Carol is on the Mid-Pyrenées region site

ter-sncf.com/Regions/…Default.aspx

Click 'Fiches Horaires' then from the drop down box select the Toulouse - Fox - Latour de Carol route and then 'valider'.

There are still a lot of 'travaux' going on but the basic timetables won't change much for next year, unless they replace that annoying afternoon bus with an actual train.

These are TER 'Regional Express' trains so, as you may have read, there are no reservations or discounts for buying tickets in advance.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
11 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Train travel Barcelona to Toulouse

Thanks for that link. I hadn't realised that I was in the wrong region.

You might think this to be a silly question, and I am normally very good at reading timetables in different languages, but which service is the "annoying afternoon bus?"

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
50,833 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Train travel Barcelona to Toulouse

The weekdays 1520 from Latour de Carol is marked 'CAR' and is a bus that fills what would otherwise be a 4 hour gap between trains. Spot there are also 'CARS' at certain times in the mornings instead of trains.

In the other direction, all the trains to Latour de Carol are trains and all run every day at a regular interval of once every two hours. It's a rather strange arrangement overall.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
11 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Train travel Barcelona to Toulouse

Thanks again. I assumed that CAR was the indicator, but the footnote seemed to be about signalling to stop. It does seem rather odd at the moment - I wonder what the situation might be like come May.

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
50,833 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Train travel Barcelona to Toulouse

It will certainly be worth checking on the regional railway website nearer the time as short term changes are always likely. The just published timetable valid until December carries this warning about such changes.

Périodes Travaux : du 30 Septembre au 11 Octobre, du 30 Novembre au 8 Décembre

So I wouldn't be surprised if that continues in 2014.

When buses are used, intermediate stops are on request as you correctly surmise.

19. Re: Train travel Barcelona to Toulouse

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, June 28, 2014